Permanent – Full-time
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Facilities Manager to join our Site Operations team, to provide overall accountability for delivering facilities management operations within the estate.
• To directly assist the Head of Site Operations in order to maintain and develop the Zoo, aiming for “world class” through excellent standards
• To lead and manage the maintenance team, ensuring all responsive, planned, preventative and general maintenance tasks and minor works for the Zoo are completed effectively and efficiently in order to maintain and improve visitor and staff facilities, providing an efficient and safe site
• To manage all arrangements for statutory maintenance and compliance inspections along with testing/monitoring programmes to ensure the Zoo meets its obligations
• To manage all risk management plans and undertake the duties of the 'named responsible person' on behalf of the 'duty holder' as set out by the Health & Safety Commission
• Responsible for setting, achieving and monitoring maintenance budgets
• To inform and develop environmental performance strategies in line with our strategic objectives, in order to promote excellence in environmental performance, sustainable development and business improvement
• To achieve environmental regulatory compliance including continued accreditation to ISO 14001 whilst working alongside external partners, auditors and consultants
The successful candidate will have:
• A facilities management qualification at diploma or equivalent level and relevant experience in Facilities Management at a management level
• Experience in facility management of a large, busy, complex site based organisation
• Exceptional leadership skills
• IOSH Managing Safely qualification or equivalent
• Strong commercial understanding with significant budget responsibility
• Proven track record of being able to build quickly and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Understanding of projects in occupied environments
• A strong customer care ethos and will be self-motivated and result driven
Membership of CIBSE, IET, BIFM, CMI, IOSH or NEBOSH is also desirable.
The salary for this role is £50,147.45 per annum, working 40 hours per week. In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found at http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers/working-at-chester-zoo.
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for our Facilities Manager role to http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 29th June 2017 with interviews being held week commencing 3rd July 2017.