Operations Manager - FM / Building Services
Vacancy Reference: BS-FB-KS-1007/2
Job Title: Operations Manager – FM / Building Services
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Location: Field Based with National Travel
Salary: From £50,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; Company Vehicle & Fuel Card; Laptop & Mobile Phone
Servest Group, an expert in Facilities Management is recruiting for an exceptional Operations Manager to deliver strategic leadership and management of our FM business across a national portfolio of clients from the Building Services / Construction sector.
Engaging, innovative and highly influential, you will have the ability to quickly build rapport with operations teams, technical support teams, suppliers and clients alike to ensure the successful service delivery across the business.
Our Operations Manager will be tasked with providing engaging leadership, strong management and with a view to develop the contract whilst ensuring operational and financial relationship commitments are not only met but exceeded, this is a comprehensive and challenging Operational Management role for a passionate and dedicated individual and offers numerous opportunities for success.
This role requires business acumen and a strong understanding of financials, to include budgeting and forecasting, performance review, WIP & debt management. Commercially aware, you will seek to identify and maximise opportunities for the strategic development of contracts in order to increase turnover and maximise profitability.
This is a comprehensive role, involving the identification of new sales opportunities and areas for growth hand in hand with a dedication and commitment to ensuring quality, consistency and an exceptional level of service. Reporting into the Account Director, the Operations Manager will work alongside our Business Development Director and their wider team to develop innovative, winning tender solutions and to maximise contract retention.
We are seeking exceptional leaders who can inspire and motivate their teams to deliver outstanding levels of service, who are self-sufficient and customer-focussed, adept at engaging with clients to understand their business, to ensure that we are exceeding expectations and Service Level Agreements. The portfolio of clients dictates that our preference would be for practiced Operations Managers with a background in Electrical Installations.
You'll be targeted on...
- Financial accountability – For local budget management; performance reviews; WIP & debt management; strategic development; turnover and profitability; contract development and retention
- Identifying and developing opportunities to grow the business
- Striving to identify new business opportunities with new prospective clients
- Working with the BD Director and their team to develop tender solutions for new work bids
- Building and managing client relationships at all levels with a view always to exceed expectations; Ensuring that contractual commitments are met in accordance with agreed SLA's, assessed ‘performance standards' and other additional commitments within the contractual terms
- Taking effective ownership of Client escalations resolution delivery
- Ensuring robust Healthy and Safety practices are in place; Reviewing regularly and implementing new H&S initiatives as required
- Providing outstanding leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition / award
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Significant experience of contract management within a defined region or territory
- Comprehensive understanding of FM operational processes associated with a multi-location, organisation
- Expertise in the FM / operational field with strong services background and ability to operate and interact with key stakeholders
- A background in Electrical Installations is highly desirable
- The ability to understand specific client requirements in order to deliver tangible effective results
- Direct line management experience over a region
- Thorough understanding of contracts and negotiation relative to the FM environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilities management and maintenance
- Demonstrable aptitude in effective management of people with strong leadership skills, and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication, relationship building and influencing skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Maximo or similar software
- Recognised building services or FM industry body membership (e.g. BIFM) or host country equivalent
- ONC / HNC or equivalent qualification in engineering, FM, construction or building services
- Up-to-date occupational and sector-specific technical competency and familiarity around legislation, industry standards and best practice
The Operations Manager is required to be available to support our clients during core business hours of 09:00 and 17:30, Monday to Friday, however, flexibility to meet the needs of our business and our clients is essential and on occasion, there may ad hoc requirements to flex the hours and very occasional weekend working could be necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual looking to progress their career within a rapidly growing business. There are significant opportunities for personal development and progression and this portfolio of accounts provides a unique opportunity to grow the business alongside our dedicated team of Contract Managers and Account Directors.
Servest offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***