Project Manager - National
Is a leading Facilities Management Services provider looking to appoint a Project Manager to work from home on a national basis.
Project works will have a value nominally between £10,000 and £5M per project. Responsibilities will include:
- To review each Variation or project and undertake an initial assessment of the scope of work.
- Undertake or arrange to undertake a detailed design and specifications.
- If the design has been provided by the client – review the design and resolve any inconsistencies.
- Arrange for competitive tenders based upon the agreed design/specifications.
- Schedule the works, coordinate with the client regarding access.
- Manage the works through to completion.
- Finalise completion documents, update O&M Manuals.
- Ensure the maintenance department has all the information required to update the CAFM system and implement any new maintenance required
- To review each request for Developments & Small Works, assess the scope of work and prepare a cost.
- To liaise with members of the operations Team where necessary in order to ensure that all aspects of the work are considered i.e. mechanical, electrical, building.
- To ensure that quotations are submitted to the client in a timely manner and that, following approval, the work is completed expeditiously.
- To ensure that drawings, manuals and maintenance systems are updated where necessary.
- To assist in the promotion of good health & safety and quality practices by direct labour and contractors.
- To establish and maintain contacts within client organisations, with contractors, suppliers and statutory bodies as required to provide high standards.
- To manage subcontractors, to monitor completion and to provide technical expertise as necessary.
- HNC or equivalent in electrical, mechanical or building services.
- Previous staff management experience.
- Previous experience of Health & Safety Law.
- Knowledge of Building and Fire Regulations, HTMs and other applicable guidance