Residence Services Supervisor
Kings College London
Residence Services Supervisor
Salary up to £33699 depending on experience
Your new company
Every year King's Residences provide accommodation to over 5,000 residents across a number of locations across London. Working with a number of services across the university, they endeavour to provide all residents with quality accommodation to suit all lifestyles and budgets.
The role will based at the Champion Hill which is a part heritage listed residence situated in Camberwell, 10 minute's walk from Denmark Hill Campus and Denmark Hill Overground station. Champion Hill is a social and collaborative community offering accommodation to first year undergraduate, postgraduate and returning students. A sustainable and eco-friendly residence, Champion Hill provides students with access to green initiatives, ensuring they are doing their part to reduce our carbon footprint.
Your new role
You will oversee daily operations and lead the Front of House team in providing a highly professional and efficient service to all residents, guests and visitors including the internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for maintaining excellent standards of hospitality at all times as well as act as a first point of contact for students/guests and contractors. You will manage the delivery of summer lets and work closely with other residential functions to provide continuity of service delivery.
- Oversee the residence operation and manage a team of reception staff and outsourced soft services - inc Security, Housekeeping, landscaping and pest control, addressing under-performance in liaison with the Property & Customer Service Manager.
- Take a proactive lead by managing all site challenges and present initiatives to improve overall efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Check occupancy and report vacant rooms to the Reservations Manager.
- Support the maintenance team to identify defects arrange works and present best value for money solutions.
- Fully monitor P & L and report to the Property & Customer Services Manager
- Investigate complaints according to procedure and take effective action where necessary
- Ensure room inspections are carried out correctly in line with the set procedure and maintenance works logged accordingly.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly site checks
- Liaise with and support the Residential Life team
- Carry out face to face feedback sessions with the residents.
- Manage room turnarounds prior to arrivals throughout the year.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have the Front of House accommodation management experience as well as demonstrate 1st class customer service focus in your day to day activities. You must be a confident people manager with the ability to effectively motivate your team.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary up to £33699 depending on experience plus an attractive benefit package (pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, reduced gym membership and fantastic training opportunities).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.