£56,098 per annum
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Park Operations and Venues Department; who are responsible for maintaining the venues on the park as well as putting on many events on and around the park. You will be Responsible for ensuring that the engineering and building services provided in venues and public realm on the park and properties and sites off the park are managed to a high standard.
- Monitor Estates and Facilities Management contract service quality and recommend appropriate action to Head of Contract Management to ensure a high standard of service is maintained.
- Ensure that the venues and parkland and public realm are maintained in a manner compliant with corporate and statutory health and safety policies.
- Prepare timely operational reports, providing analysis and recommendations for future actions and improvements.
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with the EFM contractor at all levels, driving improved supply chain performance.
- Provide proactive risk management for EFM, including maintaining risk registers, managing mitigation actions and identifying potential risks.
- Maintain oversight for delegated areas on spend, managing and planning for expenditure, providing advice and support to influence future resources and budget requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant engineering degree (or equivalent) with evidence of continuing professional development and extensive industry experience.
- Positive can do attitude with the ability to overcome operational challenges.
- Strong background of managing Hard FM services and venues.
- Practical, proven experience of contract management for EFM services across complex estates.
- Practical, proven experience of procuring services.
- Fiscal and budget management knowledge and experience.
- Experience of influencing and managing a range of senior stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a political environment with a high level of public scrutiny.
- Flexibility is key as there may be requirements to work at events on the Park, if necessary outside of normal office hours.
In return we can offer you:
- A competitive salary with annual increments
- 32 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Local Government Pension
- Reduced cost gym membership
- Loan schemes for Season tickets, bike purchase, child care and tenancy deposit
** LLDC supports flexible working and this post will be considered for flexible and job share arrangements**
Closing Date: Friday 18th August 2017 (12 Noon)
Interviews scheduled for: w/c 28th August 2017
To find out more about this role and to apply, please visit our recruitment page - click 'Apply'