5 days left
- Full Time
TITLE: Facilities Co-Ordinator
REPORTS TO: Deputy Head of Facilities Management
CONTRACT STATUS:This will be a two year fixed term appointment
SALARY: £27,876 per annum
The role will be responsible for providing a range of facilities services. This will involve managing the FM Helpdesk, overseeing the operation of the security systems, ordering supplies, monitoring stocks, processing invoices, room bookings/setup, visitor management/reception , providing post room services, ensuring the premises and plant are fully maintained, equipment maintenance, and other FM tasks as required. The post holder will also be required to ensure compliance with IPCC policies i.e. security and health & safety (H&S) policies and will be the onsite H&S representative. .
The role will also be the on-site presence of the Resources Directorate and will from time to time support other Directorate teams such as HR, ICT, Procurement or Finance locally as required.
The post holder will work closely with the Deputy Head of Facilities Management and will be part of the Procurement & Estates Team within the Resources Directorate.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission exists to investigate complaints fairly and thoroughly.
The IPCC has the power to initiate, carry out and oversee investigations. It is also responsible for monitoring the way complaints are handled by local police forces.
A Facilities Coordinator within the IPCC can expect to work in a progressive and dynamic organisation with declared and strong core values. The work will be fulfilling and offer considerable opportunities for personal growth and satisfaction.
UPHOLD IPCC CORE VALUES
Foster continuous improvement by:
• Participating in examining and enhancing the Commission's work policies, procedures and systems.
• Identifying areas where performance can be improved.
• Driving to achieve excellence and continuously develop oneself and ones team.
• Openly sharing information and knowledge with others.
• Seeks to improves own performance by getting feedback from others. .
Embrace diversity through:
• Demonstrating openness towards working with diverse ideas and people.
• Understanding the requirements associated with delivering the service to a culturally diverse society.
• Valuing and nurturing diversity within the organisation.
Fulfil the IPCC’s vision by:
• Understanding the IPCC’s vision and values and how these apply to employment and service delivery.
• Committing to ethical practices.
• Respecting human rights.
• Fostering openness and accountability.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the operation of the security systems including, amending, deleting & monitoring security access cards for all staff as required. Ensure that card records are constantly updated & that all security procedures are followed.
• Process FM helpdesk calls, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to resolve calls promptly, that customers are kept updated and that any issues are reported upwards to the Deputy Head of Facilities Management as appropriate.
• Co-ordinate room bookings and ensure meeting rooms are available /set up as required and that all audio visual/VC/IT equipment and any catering requested is provided in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure that all areas are kept clean, tidy & well stocked.
• Monitor, order and maintain adequate stocks of printed stationery: letterheads, compliment slips, business cards, ID cards etc.
• Monitor, order and maintain adequate stocks of office stationery items. Ensure standard items are always available & that a weekly stock check/order is undertaken.
• Co-ordinate small – medium FM projects, including office moves. This will also include the ordering and delivery of office furniture/equipment etc ensuring procurement procedures are followed & that best value is achieved.
• Arrange for repairs and manage the maintenance of the premises/plant/equipment. This may include IPCC fleet vehicles.
• Deliver the full range of Facilities support services including mail room, catering services, visitor management, reception, cleaning, general maintenance, contractor management, procurement of goods & services etc
• Ensure accurate record keeping in all areas i.e. finance, property records, asset registers, inventories, equipment rental agreements, service schedules etc.
• Carry out small non specialist maintenance tasks or arrange for a maintenance operative/contractor as required.
• As on site Health & Safety Representative, assist the FM Team with the implementation, monitoring and record keeping of all Health & Safety matters and other legislation as appropriate. This will include H&S advice & support to regional staff and advising on and dip sampling risk assessments.
• Assist the Security Team with the implementation of Security Policies and the provision of security induction briefings.
• Raise purchase orders, process invoices, record financial transactions as required and within financial/procurement guidelines.
• Assist with the transfer and retrieval of files to/from archive.
• Escort and supervise contractors as required
• Provide cover for out of hours and critical incidents with support from the Deputy Head of Facilities Management/Head of Procurement & Estates.
• Provide occasional cover to other offices during staff absence/incidents etc.
• Be the on-site representative of the Resources Directorate reporting data and actioning central policies and procedures as required.
• Co-ordinate the reporting and follow up of ICT and telephony related issues and act as a point of contact for the ICT Service Delivery Manager. This includes local trouble shooting minor problems and ensuring adequate supplies of computer consumables such as paper and toner.
• Line manage Facilities Assistant/s at same location.
• Any other ad hoc tasks as required
NB This post will require some manual handling
Some out of hours working will be necessary
Some travel to other IPCC offices may be necessary
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
• High degree of organisational ability and attention to detail
• An experienced administrator with a minimum of 1 years recent experience, preferably in the public sector
• Precise and accurate working style
• Experience of delivering Facilities Management services inc responsibility for maintenance and building management
• Self-starter, able to work unsupervised and on own initiative with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
• IT literate with the ability to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook, FM Helpdesk software.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and experience of liaising with representatives from external organisations
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise work in consultation with the Deputy Head of Facilities Management
• Good time management
• Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in to get the job done
• Experience of using PC based security systems
• Experience of basic maintenance
• Ability to resolve basic problems with photocopiers and other equipment.
• Experience of supervising contractors/small works
• Experience of working within a facility or operationally focussed service delivery function.
Drive to achieve excellence and continuously develop oneself, one’s team and the organisation through learning and knowledge sharing
Openness to working effectively with diverse ideas and people
Meets the standards of behaviour and professionalism required to operate effectively in the IPCC
Professional Experience & Expertise
Extent to which the applicant’s experience and professional skills meet IPCC’s requirements
Ability to adapt to changing demands in the workplace
Analytical Thinking & Decision- Making
Thinks logically in analysing complex information in order to identify key issues and make effective decisions
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Conveys information effectively through negotiation and influencing others
Demonstrating the confidence and ability necessary to cope with challenging situations
Ability to prioritise tasks effectively so as to meet the goals of the team
Seeks opportunities to involve others and is effective working cooperatively with and through them, demonstrating commitment towards team goals
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within the IPCC at this level.
The IPCC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any factor unrelated to someone's ability to perform the job.