The role will act as the first point of contact for staff and visitors, and will be responsible (as part of a team) for the provision of Facilities Management services and other support for the Resources Directorate. The role will involve dealing with a range of issues to ensure that regional offices run effectively and safely.
The role will involve the operation of the security system (training given), supervision of contractors, provision of stationery and other FM goods & services. This involves procurement, financial record keeping and invoice processing.
The role undertakes other administrative tasks as required by the Facilities Co-ordinator.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission exists to investigate complaints fairly and thoroughly.
The IPCC has the power to initiate, carry out and oversee investigations. It is also responsible for monitoring the way complaints are handled by local police forces.
A Facilities Assistant within the IPCC can expect to work in a progressive and dynamic organisation with declared and strong core values. The work will be fulfilling and offer considerable opportunities for personal growth and satisfaction.
The post holder will perform the following duties:
- Operation of the FM Helpdesks ensuring that calls are processed resolved and closed promptly and effectively.
·Deal with and resolve day to day problems and issues within Facilities Management’s remit; i.e. equipment and supplies; ICT support, security issues & other Resources Directorate support. Troubleshoot equipment failures and supplier difficulties. Supervise contractors. Undertake routine health and safety assessments and rectify everyday hazards, advising staff in relation to H&S matters. Act as first point of contact for staff, visitors and suppliers in relation to all FM issues. ·Daily administration of supplier contracts in the region including cleaning, maintenance and security.
- Assist the Facilities Co-ordinator with HR related matters including regional recruitment and the maintenance of regional records and systems.
·Provision of stationery supplies including making decisions on appropriateness of stationery requests from staff, reconciliation of invoices and purchase orders; manage equipment inventories; liaison with suppliers. Manage general storage and filing arrangements. Includes obtaining quotations and deciding on best value in relation to special and routine supplies.
- Staff reception/process visitors as required
·Co-ordinate post and courier services in the region, training others in relation to procedures (Inc H&S) and booking arrangements. Advise others on the best method of despatch and packing. ·Liaise with landlord and building security, supervise security guards and handymen/contractors, notifying and initiating repairs and alterations to the building and equipment. ·Co-ordinate changes to staff and visitor access, issuing and altering permissions on security passes and providing access reports and internal audits on the Access Control System (training will be given). ·Maintain details of key holders and alarm system including details of security breaches and actions. ·Ensure that rooms are booked/set up/equipped as required ·Provide technical assistance to staff using video conferencing and other equipment . ·Maintain open communication and relationships with colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders in organisations outside of the IPCC.
- Assist with projects/moves
·Undertake any duties that may be reasonable as defined by the Facilities Co-ordinator.
- Provide staff occasional staff cover at other IPCC offices when required.
NB: Some manual handling and some out of hours working will be part of this role
- Proven record of skills and experience for working in a busy office
- Experience of working in a customer facing role preferably using a helpdesk
- Evidence of ability to prioritise work and manage competing demands
- Evidence of independent problem solving abilities in a busy environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience in working with different service providers and contractors
- Experience in dealing with visitors and internal/external parties at all levels
- Proven record of keyboard skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and general public, both in the written and spoken word
- Familiarity with the Internet and online booking systems
- Flexible approach and ability to travel where necessary between IPCC offices
NB: Occasional out of hour working and manual handling will be required as part of this role.
- Experience of Facilities Management and Health & Safety responsibilities
- Qualifications relating to either of the above
- Good typing speeds and accuracy
Drive to achieve excellence and continuously develop oneself, one’s team and the organisation through learning and knowledge sharing
Openness to working effectively with diverse ideas and people
Meets the standards of behaviour and professionalism required to operate effectively in the IPCC
Professional Experience & Expertise
Extent to which the applicant’s experience and professional skills meet IPCC’s requirements
Ability to adapt to changing demands in the workplace
Analytical Thinking & Decision- Making
Thinks logically in analysing complex information in order to identify key issues and make effective decisions
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Conveys information effectively through negotiation and influencing others
Demonstrating the confidence and ability necessary to cope with challenging situations
Ability to prioritise tasks effectively so as to meet the goals of the team
Seeks opportunities to involve others and is effective working cooperatively with and through them, demonstrating commitment towards team goals
The IPCC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor unrelated to someone's ability to perform the job.