Facilities Manager- Soft Services
Facilities Manager – Soft Services biased
Servest are recruiting for an onsite Facilities Manager based at a Distribution Centre based near Peterborough. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to to develop and deliver a soft FM services to our client within a prestigious flagship location. Experience of change management is advantageous. The site is open 24/7 so some unsociable working hours will be a requirement, Hours are 40 per week with flexible working and some weekends.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and the account General Manager you will be responsible for the effective management of the facilities service for the site working in partnership with the customer. You will be responsible for managing the General Cleaning, Security and Catering plus other ad hoc areas on site, working with a mixture of staff that work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
Servest are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee a busy 24/7 location. You will be managing the soft services onsite with up to 50 staff. As the direct point of contact with the client you will be used to building and maintain relationships, acting in a pro- active and professional manner with the ability to solve problems and think on your feet. Your day to day responsibilities are making sure the site is staffed in all areas, audits and daily checks are carried out and that the unit runs smoothly and to the agreed service level agreements in place- including staff training. You will be process driven, have excellent customer service skills and have a background in managing volume cleaning within a warehouse/DC environment. We are looking for a manager who can develop and maintain the delivery of effective, economic and compliant contracted FM services to the client. Manage resources to support effective delivery of services, as well as manage budgets to allow effective service delivery, whilst maintaining excellent working relationships with all customers and stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- A background in Facilities Management with experience of managing cleaning and ideally security and catering
- You will have worked within the logistics/warehouse/distribution centre environment as a facilities manager with experience in the delivery of soft FM services
- A management background of overseeing a team of at least 30 staff members across different disciplines within Soft services
- Sound financial knowledge regarding budgets, P & L accounts, stocks and staffing spends.
- A professional management style and knowledge of HR procedures including recruitment, disciplinary and grievance hearings
- Ability to demonstrate customer focus and to have daily meetings with the customer.
- High level of planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with drive and determination to manage the business
- Experience of change management with the ability to think on their feet and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Good IT skills
- A willingness to work as a hands on Manager when required
- Excellent level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Flexibility is needed as this is a 24/7 operation- including evening and weekend working.
Degree level education or equivalent and IOSH
Servest are offering a competitive salary depending on experience, you will get free parking onsite, auto enrolment pension, 28 days holiday.
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please apply online today.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**