Centrica has circa 130 properties across the UK, with an annual FM spend of £25m and a Capital spend of £12m. We are seeking a Client side Property manager to look after the North of England and Southern Scotland, with 8 major sites and 30 smaller sites.
Centrica’s brands include British Gas, Hive and Dynorod, and it also has Gas Exploration and Production facilities, and generation. The properties are offices, contact centres, industrial, training academies and power stations.
Group Real Estate and Facilities Management (REFM) provides services to all Centrica Business units with responsibility for all Facilities and Building related services.
The job holder will manage delivery of FM services, project delivery and stakeholder relationship management ensuring flexible, efficient, effective and innovative property solutions in support of our changing business needs.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Relationship management with the Business units, occupiers and other stakeholder groups such as Group Security and HSES;
- Manage and co-ordinate a wide range of FM services, ensuring work complies with specified standards and is delivered to meet quality, timescale and cost objectives of the business / function;
- Manage the relationship with the major outsourced supplier to deliver services to time, budget and specification;
- Ensure that services are provided to each of the locations and ensure business continuity and staff satisfaction;
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the organisation to manage staff satisfaction and confidence in the FM service delivery;
- Prepare the annual FM budgets and manage and monitor to agreed timescales and costs;
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including health & safety, COSHH, and employment law;
- Manage project work to deliver fit-outs, major maintenance, and business change requests. Using FM service partner for smaller tasks, and consultants and main contractors for major works;
- Actively contribute to the developments on Smart working and flexible ways of working to ensure that all necessary enabling facilities are put in place in line with requirements and budget.
- As a member of the REFM, manage and liaise with all management, technical and administration colleagues on operational/service delivery issues;
- Establish and implement best practice across sites whilst ensuring safe working practices are complied with at all times.
- Undertake reviews and audits to ensure contract compliance of FM service partner;
- Contract Management of FM and Project contracts;
- Assist in the formulation of Property plans to meet Business Units requirements.
- Direct property experience including facilities management and project management;
- Member of a recognised Property related profession such as RICS or BIFM;
- Understanding of Landlord and Tenant Law;
- Contract management of FM services;
- Strong relationship management, influencing and negotiating skills are all requirements of this role.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Property Manager R9930512’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.