Building Manager - Reputable Research Institute
To manage the maintenance, security, cleaning, plant and general upkeep of this prestigious premise, including the roof garden, in an economical, efficient and prudent manner.
Our client is a prestigious non-profit organisation in the field of education
- Management, recruitment and retention of 11 in-house staff reporting to the Post.
- Manage the security arrangements and in-house security staff.
- Manage the cleaning arrangements and in -house cleaning staff.
- Project management and supervising as well as coordinating the work of contractors
- Manage outsourced contractors, including the IT support contract.
- Develop good relationships with external contractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Maintain the highest standard of decor in this prestigious building.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment in the building is maintained to the highest standards.
- Procurement of all parts, materials, supplies and equipment required for the smooth running of the building.
- Carry out inventory checks and condition inspections as required.
- Assist and monitor the use of The Centre for exhibitions, musical events, lectures, meetings and other social events on a daily basis, as required.
- Build and maintain good relationships with all the Centre users, including secretariat staff, volunteers and neighbours.
- Preparation and management of budgets.
- Ensure compliance to health & safety and fire regulations.
- Conduct relevant risk assessments and implement appropriate changes.
- Attend monthly Centre Management Board Executive meetings as well as other meetings as required.
- Assist when requested on other building/refurbishment projects run by the Council and provide project management, guidance or advice to the relevant parties.
- Membership of a professional facilities management, architectural or building related institute.
- Minimum of 10 years property management experience required including hard and soft services.
- Strong management and leadership skills - setting performance standards, appraisals and other people management tasks.
- Good judgement - using prudent judgement and experience to decide if external contractors are required or if the work can be carried out by internal staff.
- Previous budget management is essential.
- Previous experience in managing all health & safety requirements within an office environment.
- Good and effective negotiating skills.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Strong networking and communication skills.
- Sensitive and diplomatic inter-personal skills in a multi-ethnic and international environment.
- Ability to deal with all users of the building, including senior members of other institutions resulting in positive outcomes.
Opportunity to join a prestigious organisation looking after a building built under a very high architectural standard