Duration - 6months +
Location - Nottingham
Sopra Steria Recruitment is working in partnership with a major public sector in the UK. We are currently recruiting Estates Manager for 6months + contract initially with possible extension.
Roles responsibilities, accountabilities
Manage, deliver and support estates specific projects as required; LGV and small scheme relocations on site and to alternative sites, but concentrating on clients relocations and other operating delivery model changes to meet service delivery targets.
Be responsible for the acquisition and disposal and relocation of operational property to set timelines meeting clients timelines.
- In conjunction with the Property Surveyor, produce and deliver Client's estates individual property strategies and the higher level overarching property strategies.
- Effect licence/lease renewals and casual hire arrangements and minor occupier agreements for the clients seeking necessary approvals.
- Monitor and manage the estates budget in respect to Rent, Rates, Service Charges and Insurance. Ensure prompt and accurate processing of invoices and visibility of expenditure. Track and record onto property finance list and use for regular monthly forecasting and budget work.
- Act as Oracle (or other such finance systems in place) liaison. Monitor expenditure at the end of month and ensure weekly journals are correct and accruals provided to finance.
- In respect of the payment of rent, set up and deliver a working recurring charge system to eradicate the risk of none payment of rent on the estate (none payment can mean the landlord can put the lease into forfeiture and the DVSA would lose possession of the property).
- Be responsible for ensuring service charge reconciliation and end of year rebalancing is effected on each lease with service charge recovery. Challenge and verify all service charges to clients instructing agents and lawyers where necessary.
- Support re contracting of property services including Legal Services and Property Services. Assist in the specification and all elements of the tendering process.
- Assist in the monitoring of performance and KPI's for all property related contracts.
- Support the Surveyors and Head of Corporate Estates; drafting and providing high level briefing papers on estates matters, preparing business cases and papers for submission to Boards and Directors, updating trackers and schedules used for reporting purposes and tracking project progress.
- Carry out actions and then internal data sheets to ensure property data is held in live time and updated; eg front sheets, amendment sheets, end sheets, purchase orders and verify all information prior to instructing data systems to be updated.
- Prepare draft responses for clearance to PQ's, FOI and Corporate Correspondence.
Subject matter expert
- Client management
Professional or Agency Specific Framework
- Government Property Profession Competency Framework - Practitioner Level
- English and Maths to a GCSE standard (minimum grade C) or equivalent .