Facilities Manager (Corporate Company)
Purpose of the Role
The Building & Facilities Manager has overall responsibility for the management of our clients London Heathrow Facility. The overall objective of the role is to take ownership of and accountability for the provision of a safe and secure working environment for our client’s colleagues and customers.
The role will ensure our clients business needs are met through the robust management of financial and contractual activities along with the timely and cost-effective delivery of all necessary support services and facilitation of business continuity as required.
Risk management and statutory compliance responsibilities are central to the role. Associated risks must be identified and mitigated. The Manager is also responsible for managing budgetary performance and compliance within agreed parameters and constraints. In addition, the Manager will ensure that corporate governance policies and procedures are applied and adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for the provision of a safe and secure working environment for employees, clients and visitors ensuring compliance with corporate policies and all associated statutory regulations at all times.
Real estate management and the successful delivery of appropriate space and associated planning to meet the needs of the business. The delivery of associated capital projects within agreed timescales and budgets ensuring appropriate corporate policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Comprehensive administration of management information and reports to comply with statutory & legal requirements and corporate expectations on Risk Management and Environmental Management.
The delivery of “soft” and technical support services to agreed standards and costs ensuring that quality standards are agreed and measured with outsourced service providers.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of operating and capital budgets and all associated forecasting and reporting.
- Degree in facilities management, engineering, architecture, or related field.
Relevant Work Experience
- A solid background in facilities management, leading a team to support a similar complex, fast-moving high-technology organisation and experience of the associated commercial dynamics.
Strong evidence of effective management of vendors, and projects.
- Experience of facilities risk management strategies with sound financial and commercial skills in the procurement and delivery of high quality business support services.
- Business understanding
- Appreciation of the high-tech industry and associated commercial dynamics
- Computing: Microsoft Office
- Languages: Fluent oral and written English is essential
- Specific knowledge: Experience of Facility Management software
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, networking & influencing skills – able to manage/influence senior stakeholders (internal & external)
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to lead and motivate others whether direct reports or extended team members to ensure a clear focus on key deliverables including customer experience and satisfaction
Strong project management, procurement and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and research skills with ability to draw, analyse & interpret information from comprehensive and complex documentation
- Clear and concise written communication
- The ability to handle a significant workload, multi-task and prioritise with a practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Travel of approx. 12 days per year to attend external events and other Facilities (both UK and overseas)