My client are part of a large European Group; and are the leader in multi-technical services in the areas of electrical, mechanical and HVAC engineering services and communications systems, as well as in specialised energy services. They support their customers to design, build, operate, and maintain facilities that are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
Reporting into the Strategy & Development Director for the UK this is a new appointment and represents an outstanding opportunity to make a significant contribution to a UK business with ambitious growth plans. The main purpose of the role will be to develop and drive the strategic direction of the bidding function in the FM Division of the UK business. To build a successful bid team made up of estimators, bid managers and writers based out of offices in Birmingham and London.
- Influence and support the review of current communication and marketing tools in line with key business plan principles
- Overseeing the bid function of this business unit and ensuring it is consistent market leading and successful
- Inspire, develop and motivate the bid community
The successful candidate will need several years’ experience working in a senior bid/business development role in a corporate environment selling FM/engineering services with a proven track record of success.
- A strong influencer and negotiator, who is self-motivated, resilient and a team player
- Highly articulate, capable of radical thinking and developing new innovative strategies for communicating
- Able to provide strong leadership and direction in a matrix environment to the teams in business development, marketing and communication
- It is essential that you have excellent rapport building skills to be able to build consensus and support for the bid functions strategy and deliver a clear vision