Interim Estates Engineering Manager
My client, a large multi-site NHS organisation in London is currently looking to recruit an interim Engineering Services Manager for a period of 6 months.
- Deputise for Head of Estates in their absence
- To undertake the duties of Authorised Persons in Medical Gas Systems (MGPS), Low Voltage Electrical Systems (LV) and Heating & Ventilation systems (H&V).
- Ensure continuity is maintained and that the Property Maintenance Department delivers a high quality service to the Trust.
- Attend regular, ad-hoc meetings on own behalf and also in the absence of the Head of Estates, as and when required.
- Manage and supervise M&E Supervisors and Maintenance Support Supervisor, to ensure an effective and efficient workforce is provided
- Assist and support the Head of Estates in ensuring the Property Maintenance Department operates within all Health and Safety guidelines, and that all Statutory and Mandatory obligations for the Trust are met.
- Manage and take a lead role in ensuring all Supervisors, Senior Technicians, Technicians, Mechanical Craftsmen (SWS), Carpenters, Painters and Decorators, Environment Improvement Team, and Maintenance Support Staff are adequately trained and qualified to carry out their specific engineering duties.
- Demonstrate good leadership and provide extensive technical knowledge on Mechanical, Electrical Engineering and building issues.