Location: London N1 9PD
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum
About the company:
Pearl & Coutts is part of the Structadene Group – a private investment company with over 1,300 properties under in-house management. This position is to be part of that in-house property management team, currently consisting of 20 people – all based at our head office.
Duties of the Facilities Manager:
• To deliver an appropriate property and facilities service to Pearl & Coutts and their tenants and customers in accordance with best industry practice, the contract terms and statutory requirements.
• To manage on-site building managers and staff in the delivery of the facilities management service.
• To work as part of the Commercial Property Management team, working alongside both the accounting, letting team and legal team members.
• To attend client, contractor and tenants meetings in connection with all aspects of the day to day property management role
• To undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied properties, consisting of central London and West End office buildings, high street retail, industrial and mixed use properties, both in the London area and Nationwide.
• To be responsible for the preparation of the service charge budgets – to be agreed in consultation with the Head of Department and the service charge accounts team.
• To have experience of supervising on-site staff and in the procurement of service contractors to undertake and perform maintenance and contract duties required at the properties under management.
• To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual maintenance expenditure.
• To liaise with the accounts team on funding availability together with the managing of expenditure on a monthly basis.
• To assist in streamlining invoices from contractors at all times.
• To approve all invoices within the given authority limits.
• Liaising with tenants on all matters, whether this relates to Landlord’s common areas or specific parts of the tenant’s accommodation.
• To have good experience of interpreting lease clauses, liabilities and obligations.
• Experienced in the setting up of new management instructions, with particular regard to multi-occupied service charge properties, including apportioning service charge liabilities, reviewing and setting service charge budgets.
• A good understanding of property management accounts functions, including credit control, dealing with general tenant service charge queries and enquiries.
• A car driver would be preferable.
Requirements of the Facilities Manager:
• To show substantial commercial property management experience across all sectors.
• Preferably IOSH or NEBOSH Certificated.
• Experienced in reading leases and legal documents and interpreting repairing and maintenance responsibilities and liabilities.
• Capable of adopting a hands on flexible and practical approach to property and Facilities Management.
• Good experience in Property Management computer software, preferably Horizon.
• To show ability to work within a team and to bring value to the team.
• Good communication skills at all levels and able to present the company in a professional manner.
• Experience with the Meridan Health and Safety Database would be preferable or similar systems.
Facilities Manager Benefits:
• 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Facilities Manager role is right for you then please apply today!
Applicants should email CV and covering letter to Robert O'Dwyer firstname.lastname@example.org