Working for one of the world’s leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250. The company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings.
Our Client are currently sourcing for Mechanical Engineers to join a large government facilities management contract to support their client sites with the mobile delivery of facilities support services. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for travelling across multiple sites and you will also be working as a part of a larger team of maintenance engineers providing a wide variety of maintenance services nationally.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the Planned and Reactive operational maintenance tasks, support with minor new works as necessary and proactive support.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in your region. You will be entitled to 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, and a van will be provided to you for work use only.
- The Maintenance Engineer will be employed on work appropriate to their core special skills.
- Will have specific knowledge in a particular field which matches the requirements of the contract.
- They will operate as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team.
- To perform any maintenance task and other associated tasks on any part of the site as may be required and shall include any of the under mentioned tasks.
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- React to breakdown maintenance requests.
- Carry out isolations for specialist maintenance sub-contractors. To carry out minor new works where directed. Support the winter weather clearance requirements.
- Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
- Deal with new situations as they arise. Pass on working knowledge as required.
- Undertake training as required.
- Completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- A suitable City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- A suitable level of competence for required registration industry approved governing organisations in Pressurisation Systems, Medical Gas, HVAC, Gas, Boilers, Calorifiers, Plate heat exchangers, Water Hygiene, Macerators, waste and drainers and BMS.
- Experience in commercial buildings.
- The post holder will have an obligation to undertake where necessary training to ensure the level of competency is up held.
- Full UK driving licence
- A BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) check is required to work on this contract and will be essential for you to pass as part of the role
- Gas qualifications for Commercial and Domestic (Not Essential)
- Biomass boiler experience (Not Essential)
- Commercial Catering equipment experience (Not Essential)