Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
You can find out more at – www.celgene.co.uk
Please apply with your CV.
To provide class leading accommodation facilities management within our Stockley Park site (77,000sq ft, c. 300 heads) or other locations for Celgene UK & Ireland and Global Function colleagues within agreed available resources. The building is wholly occupied by Celgene on a full repairing lease whereby Celgene have full responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of the building.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for providing this service. The role encompasses coordination of dedicated sub-contractors providing services including EHS, maintenance, catering and cleaning, ensuring compliance with all relevant local and Celgene corporate legislation and quality assurance procedures. The role is supported administratively and by various on-site contractors.
The role includes liaising with senior Celgene UK & Ireland and Global leadership to identify, agree and provide accommodation solutions appropriate to fulfill Celgene’s growth potential.
Role and Responsibilities
Coordinate Building Facilities:
- Timely delivery of core facility services on a daily operational basis.
- Ensure building maintenance is in accordance with the terms of the occupancy lease.
- General cleanliness of offices, standard of decoration, external appearance of premises.
- Day to day management of facilities ensuring that each facility is a comfortable working environment and complies with Health & Safety regulations.
- Familiar with BMS systems.
- Maintain O & M Manuals and the incorporation of facilities processes into the Celgene Quality Management Framework.
- Coordination and response to e-works order requests.
- Authorizing stationery for employee orders via the stationery web system.
- Keeping sufficient stock of critical business items.
- Maintaining and updating ancillary IT equipment including photocopiers & scanners ensuring adequate consumable stocks are kept and work closely with IT to ensure that servicing is carried out and completed when required.
- Ensuring building meets environmental requirements and CSR program is implemented.
- Provide technical support in line with statutory compliance to assess and determine areas of risk in relation to the delivery of Safe Systems of Work and provision of Authorised Persons Review existing services, specifications, processes, and productivity levels, to secure and increase the efficient use of resources.
- Responsible for site security and liaising with external service providers.
- Establish a continual security improvement programme.
- Maintenance of effective records of security systems and issue of access control cards.
- Keep log of all keys for the building making sure that any changes are also issued to site security key holders.
- Key Holder-Contact for Police and Fire Brigade.
Health & Safety:
- Designated Health & Safety Officer - responsible for all Health & Safety procedures.
- Maintain Health & Safety Policy in accordance with current legislation including coordination of the Health & Safety partner and appropriate communication with the Stockley Park Leadership Team and Vice President General Manager UK & Ire.
- Ensure the update and adherence to the Emergency Response Plan incorporating appropriate business continuity planning.
- Ensure the fire alarm is tested on a weekly basis.
- Ensuring all building certificate are up to date and that the building is legally compliant.
- Arrange portable appliance electrical testing.
- Ensure correct training available for first aid, fire prevention, work place risk assessments and other relevant EHS areas.
- Ensure all staff and visitors are aware of Health & Safety Procedures.
- Induction of all new starters including employees, agency workers and contractors making them aware of all H&S procedures, general building guidance and the facilities quality management framework.
- Train new starters as appropriate on building and other site systems.
- Establish a rolling vendor tender program ensuring that Celgene obtains best value for money services available. This will include: -
- Engagement with Group Procurement and Legal functions and identifying the need for specialist external procurement, legal or other support when required.
- Performance review liaison with Facilities service providers and monitoring vs SLA. Ensuring timely call outs are made when necessary and service issues are followed up.
- Monitoring the current market on Utility costs, negotiating best rates, liaising with procurement and legal departments.
- Engagement and supervision of sub-contract services including cleaning, catering, security and facilities maintenance.
- Maintaining and ensuring a cycle of tender evaluation for sub-contract services, including preparation of invitation to tender documents, thorough review of tender documents and subsequent agreement of contracts.
- Liaison with various site leadership to accommodate growth whilst considering impacts on other functions.
- Coordination of building restructure/redesign.
- Organisation of all internal office moves.
- Liaise with department heads and keeping floor plans up to date.
- Co-ordination of visitors requiring offices/workstations.
- Proactive referral of tasks and issues to the Stockley Park Leadership Team, with recommendations as appropriate, when input is needed on more complex tasks.
- Act as the client interface on technical matters, developing close collaborative working relationships.
- Proactive budget preparation and control working with finance. Forecast half yearly spend for building. Coordinate raising of orders on the Oracle system. Check all building related invoices ensuring they are entered on Oracle for payment.
- Annual review of building running costs for potential savings from varying suppliers or operating processes.
- Work closely with external facilities network at Stockley Park campus.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Solid experience in facilities management in a 20,000+ sq ft environment.
- Preferably a member of BIFM and demonstrating latest sector knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of UK facilities legislation including EHS, COSHH.
- Preferably qualified in NEBOSH.
- Strong Knowledge of Health and Safety Systems and processes.
- Prior knowledge and experience of building management systems.
- Proactive problem-solving approach and a ‘can do attitude’.
- The ability to work on own initiative, have a conscientious approach.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ideally has had some line management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Time Management and Planning skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Well organized & flexible.
- Evidence of strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of office procedures, systems, communication and record keeping.
- Knowledge of IT packages to include MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Friendly and efficient manner.
- Strong identification with Celgene’s values.