Building Services Engineering Manager
My client requires an Building Services Engineering Manager - Logistics to take responsibility for the successful delivery of all outsourced engineering services across a number of sites.
This would very much suit a qualified engineer (degree or chartered ideally) who has a great knowledge of managing service providers and who understands driving facilities engineering strategy across multiple sites.
My client are a large Logistics/Distribution business who are going through a period of growth. This role will be Midlands based (ideally Birmingham or Nottingham) with travel as required.
Acting as the client, the Building Services Engineering Manager will take full ownership for the successful delivery of a national facilities management contract. Working in partnership with their facilities service providers, they will raise the bar to a truly excellent standard through implementing strategy, monitoring and managing performance.
This role will suit an individual who is well versed in delivering facilities engineering services through supply chain partners and can manage, coach, mentor and partner stakeholders of all levels into delivering service excellence whilst developing and fully utilising all of the tools available to be able to report back to the core business. This will involve the analysis of KPIs, compliance, asset registers and incoming extra works quotations in order to be able to quantify the standard of delivery and ensure best value.
Although the hub for this role is in Birmingham, there will be frequent travel to the other main sites in the country as well as occasional visits to smaller sites.
Putting Health, Safety and Compliance at the heart of service delivery, this person will be well versed in current best practice and standards surrounding building management and will ensure a 'best safe place to work' for my client's employees.
This person will be expected to keep a tight reign on spend above and beyond the agreed parameters ensuring a value proposition is delivered to the business.
The successful Building Services Engineering Manager will evidence the following:
- Excellent track record in delivering a full facilities management service provision through a supply chain partner.
- Ideally possessing a degree in a building services engineering discipline or holding chartered status.
- Track record in driving engineering strategy in a logistics business.
- Excellent understanding of planned preventative maintenance.
- Good exposure to compliance, Health & Safety and building management systems.
- Good budget management with the ability to analyse extra works quotes and control a large budget.
- Commutable of Birmingham and happy to work in an autonomous National role.
- Excellent analytical ability with a keen eye for monitoring and reporting on KPIs
In return for the above, my client is offering a salary of £57000 - £62000 + Company Car, Bonus and pension