We are looking for an experienced, organised and effective Facilities Manager to join us and manage the day to day smooth running of Work.Life’s growing number of spaces.
Work.Life is on a mission to create amazing spaces, full of personality, where our members feel at home and can enjoy each day in the office.
As one of the UK's fastest growing coworking spaces, we are home to a diverse community of businesses, from start-ups right up to established brands like MTV and EY. With existing locations in Camden, London Fields, Bermondsey, Reading and Hammersmith, we have also partnered with Tech Giant Verizon to curate an unrivalled coworking experience in Clerkenwell.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role will be pivotal to ensuring all the Work.Life spaces run smoothly and are kept to the highest standards. It is an opportunity to join a fast-paced rapidly growing business and be a crucial team member helping to take the brand to the next level.
Your primary responsibilities will include (but are not be limited to):
• To ensure that all maintenance contracts and services are co-ordinated and managed effectively and efficiently.
• Work closely with our membership managers to make sure that all facility issues are identified and fixed within a timely manner.
• To be the point of contact for appointed service providers across the business.
• Manage planned contractor activities across our spaces including the review of quotes, works and service quality.
• Ensure we are achieving the best value and service from our suppliers.
• Ensure all planned and preventative maintenance contracts are delivered on schedule.
• Regular review of costs to investigate where savings can be made, retendering annually.
• Undertake regular building inspections and liaise with Building Managers to provide operational support with facility issues, to include: electrical, mechanical and ongoing building repairs and improvements.
• To manage and maintain an accurate furniture inventory/asset tracking for each location.
• To project manage small works projects up to £50k in value.
• Source contractors, review quotes and ensure we are getting the best value.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensure work practices are undertaken in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy and latest legislation.
• To ensure appropriate contractor risk assessments and method statements are in place prior to work commencing as well as auditing work practices being undertaken.
• Implement facilities manager processes including building files and set up for any new spaces.
• Ensure records relating to spaces are maintained and up to date (e.g. statutory H&S documents, plant testing, etc.)
• To ensure fire safety compliance is in place for each space and arrange emergency evacuation plans.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Qualifications in Health and Safety eg.- NEBOSH, IOSH, and/or BIFM is desirable.
• Experienced managing outsourced contracts, developing and managing SLA’s.
• Minimum 3+ years facility management experience.
• Self motivated and detail orientated.
• Project management experience.
• Fun-loving, glass half full character.
• You like people!
You will base yourself at one of our London spaces. The role will also involve travel across our London spaces and further afield as the business grows.
• Basic salary + annual bonus
• £75 per month towards gym/health club membership of your choice
• Amazing work environment at our coworking spaces across London