Senior Project Manager
Position: Senior Project Manager (Full-time / Permanent)
Salary: £41,124 (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo – NW1 (with some travel to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo)
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
ZSL is seeking an exceptional and innovative individual to be our new Senior Project Manager who can apply their project management experience to manage the design, planning, and technical briefs of all projects across London and Whipsnade zoos. The position will be primarily based at London Zoo, Regents Park within our Facilities Management department and will report into the General Manager. The projects can be as minor as £2K up to complex and unique designs at >£1m requiring individuals to be proficient with budget analysis, labour planning, and coordination of activities between contractors and ZSL personnel.
The post holder will also have experience of managing project delivery directly and with multi-disciplined project teams, together with the ability to present and communicate plans strategically and tactically with a range of key stakeholders. The successful candidate will need to have great people management skills as they will directly manage 1 employee.
- Be educated to a degree level or equivalent qualification in a technical related industry, i.e. surveying, architecture or construction management or have an equivalent level of proven work experience in a Senior Projects Management role.
- Membership to a recognised body such as APM (Association of Project Managers) would also be desirable.
- Proven hands-on experience with structured project management in a project managerial role within a relevant industry as well as a proven ability to develop, procure and deliver multiple projects.
- A track record of working with architects, surveyors and regulatory bodies.
- Commercial acumen with sharp analytical skills and the ability to understand technical specifications, construction contracts and regulatory compliances.
- Proficient computer skills including the understanding of construction design and CAD (computer aided design), MS Project and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a prerequisite for the job.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the General Manager. The post will be based at ZSL’s head office in Regents Park however, may occasionally require the post holder to occasionally travel to Whipsnade Zoo. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 18th March 2018.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.