Data Centre Contract Manager
Data Centre Contract Manager - Central London - Up to 55k
One of the leading M&E service providers are currently looking to recruit a Contract Manager to look after a brand new data centre based in West London.
The client is one of the biggest names in the commercial maintenance industry and this contract covers a high profile data centre and associated buildings.
The role will be managing the contract and the main duties of the role are detailed below:
- Lead engineering solutions for the building in scope and act as the primary point of contact for the senior leadership team, and client's critical engineering team.
- Strategically plan and implement a critical and non critical engineering maintenance strategy for all properties in scope.
- Ensure planned preventative maintenance activities are delivered to plan, on time and within budget, with particular emphasis on Critical Engineering Services.
- Ensure compliance with latest legislation in terms of statutory maintenance, health & safety, and environmental management.
- Develop performance standards, and operational protocols.
- Carryout inspections and implement audit protocols for the continuous improvement of maintenance of operational delivery.
- Accountable for the day-to-day management of the repairs and maintenance portion of the annual budget, providing variance reports to Line Management on a monthly basis and assisting with annual reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual capital Investment budgets, for M&E plant replacement, energy saving initiatives and associated business cases.
- Review quotations for the procurement of additional works within agreed authorised limits.
- Lead the account critical services network in the building(s) responsibilities to ensure consistency of delivery and best practice.
- Pro-active approach to engineering related Incidents both inside and outside of normal working hours.
- Work collaboratively with the end Client's Critical Engineering team.
- Attend client meetings where requested.
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Time served Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Manager with a recognised qualification C&G/HNC
- Proven track record working in the critical or data centre environment.
- Strong technical background and understanding of critical systems.
- Membership of an Engineering related professional body i.e. CIBSE/IEE.
- A Health & Safety qualification (IOSH minimum or preferably NEBOSH)
- Excellent client / vendor relationship skills.
- Strong financial understanding.
- Ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries or complaints from clients.
- Clear Reporting Abilities.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Sustainability Awareness.
- Strong IT Skills
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.