Electrical Engineering Manager
An organisation based in Yorkshire is currently looking for an Electrical Engineering Manager on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the electrical services on the estate are sound, safe and legally compliant and that policies, procedures and standards for planned maintenance and inspection are understood and implemented effectively;
- Assisting and supporting the day to day maintenance activities for a specific area of the estate, liaising and working with colleagues on estate wide activities;
- Holding responsibility for electrical engineering works within the designated zone but may on occasion be called on to deal with works in other disciplines or zones;
- Processing and prioritising requests for reactive and planned maintenance as appropriate to arrange and agree specific works and measures;
- Ensuring that all statutory maintenance is managed and addressed in a timely manner for example electrical testing, PAT testing and lightning conductors and comprehensive records are maintained;
- Issuing orders and instructions for maintenance works to be carried out in a timely and cost-efficient manner;
- Managing a team of technical staff and contractors;
- Carrying out maintenance project works by identifying the requirements of departments and preparing a design brief;
- Undertaking the role of authorised person for the private HV network.
A successful candidate will have/be:
- Have a good honours degree in Engineering or a similar discipline (or equivalent experience);
- An accredited HSE qualification (IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent);
- Knowledge of relevant systems, policies, legislation and quality standards;
- Experience of managing and motivating a team of staff;
- Demonstrable experience of executing people processes as required.
Apply for Electrical Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly