Head of Student Accommodation & Property Management
One of the largest universities in the country, with over 26,000 students benefiting from a Plymouth education, the University has invested around £250 million to create a vibrant campus in the heart of the city. It is home to teaching and research expertise across the academic spectrum: from science and engineering to health and medicine; business and entrepreneurship to arts and the humanities. Within the top 50 universities for research, according to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, the University also has a record number of National Teaching Fellows and is the first modern university to launch its own medical and dental schools.
This role is responsible for the management and delivery of student residential accommodation and for all aspects of property management relating to the University. The role holder will:
- Provide strong, strategic leadership and lead in the continuous development and delivery of a student focused service which provides an excellent student experience
- Act as the estates lead on all matters relating to space and property issues, in supporting the Director
- Support the University’s objectives and deliver financial sustainability
The role forms part of the Estates and Facilities senior management team and will work in partnership with all other divisions within the Directorate to ensure it operates as one whole team, delivering a professional, seamless and high-quality service to our customers and stakeholders.
Your background will be in operational management in a comparable environment (e.g. student residences, hospitality, hotelier etc.) or in a surveying asset management role where you have been responsible for property strategy. You will have extensive experience of leading and managing teams, with a proven track record of implementing change management, influencing senior management and delivering performance improvement. You will require a good understanding of the factors that influence the student experience and a high level of commercial acumen. Experience of budget management including setting and achieving financial and operational objectives a key aspect of the role.
For a confidential discussion and/or the full job particulars, please contact our retained advisor Michael Hewlett at The Management Recruitment Group or 020 8892 0115. To apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Management Recruitment Group (MRG) has been exclusively retained for this campaign. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to MRG.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd April 2018.
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Director / Head / VP jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Building design, planning Director / Head / VP jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Building development Director / Head / VP jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Contracts, projects, bids Director / Head / VP jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Engineering, maintenance Director / Head / VP jobs in Travel & Hospitality