Head of Estates & Facilities
Native is dedicated to build to rent and operate and manage third party residential properties, Private Rent Sector, to offer to its clients a high standard of residential accommodation, whilst offering its partners and landlords a higher yield than a simple Residential Rent to end users would do.
Native is a leader in the Serviced Apartments sector and already operate more than 500 residential units for different landlords in London with expansion plans throughout the main cities of the UK, e.g.: London, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Newcastle.
Native is proud of its organic growth based on high standards of compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental policies and engagement with its employees.
To assist in the smooth running of the existing portfolio and to help manage the growth of Native places, Native is recruiting for a Head of Estates.
The Head of Estates is an existing role, responsible for setting the Facilities Management and Health & Safety (FM and H&S) strategies and support needed by the business, including overall responsibility for the successful delivery of services to buildings and occupiers and statutory compliance.
This position will report to the Operations Director, and will functionally liaise with the property General Managers, Finance department, Asset management and sales and revenue, to ensure a smooth delivery, compliance, budgeting, reporting and H&S aspects of existing and prospective portfolio.
This position is based in London but will require travelling within the UK.
- To develop and optimize the existing infrastructure, to drive process and efficiency improvements and implement best practices that provide the business with a sector leading service.
- To ensure the business is statutorily compliant and risks mitigated with management, including updating of the businesses continuity plans, H&S policy, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Fire Risk Assessments, Fire strategies, etc.
- To plan for and provide technical assessment, estimate service charges and general oversight for new locations as they come on stream working with the Company’s asset management team.
- To manage the procurement policy and procedures to ensure compliance, and best value for money, whilst respecting the procurement code of practice of the company.
- To work with the operations team to drive and deliver excellent customer service.
- To own the external relationships with the selected external providers.
- Accountable for the delivery of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance within the business to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of colleagues and guests and to ensure statutory compliance as well as minimise risks and costs to the business.
- To contribute to business and financial planning and the regular review and reporting of progress against the plans throughout the year.
- To monitor the performance of buildings, contractors, services and landlords, and apply corrective measures to ensure Native standards.
- To assess and liaise with Landlords, Asset management, operations and contractors to ensure the standards of service and statutory compliance are met, documented, recorded and reported.
- To engage with Accounts payable to revise, approve and follow up payments to contractors, according to T&C agreed.
Experience and Skills:
- Senior facilities management experience with a track record of delivering business benefits within multi-site retail, hospitality or residential environments.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills to enable you to influence at all levels across the business.
- Communication skills to translate complex technical terms to senior management teams.
- Experience reporting to either senior management and / or board level.
- Experience of leading and developing a UK wide team.
- Experience of driving significant improvements in efficiency.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Experience including the planning of, and oversight of, projects including major capital and maintenance projects within limited windows of opportunity.
- A can-do approach and a passion for continuous improvement.
- The ability to work in and support a matrix management structure.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of an in-sourced model for the provision of Facilities Management i.e. operating in a client-side role and dealing with tenants.
- Commercial acumen to drive best practice and full governance compliance in Real Estates management.
- Able to develop and implement policies, procedures and best practice.
- Knowledge of relevant property legislation, including a strong awareness of health, safety and statutory compliance requirements.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Extensive contract management experience.
- Knowledge of sustainability and energy management.
- Systematic approach to monitoring and evaluating business processes and the ability to convey information to a range of audiences in an accessible form.
- To be able to project and programme management experience and skills.
- Budget control and forecasting skills.
- Highly effective user of IT applications
- Experience implementing and using Computer Aided FM (CAFM) systems.
- Happy to travel within the UK
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant field of Facilities or Real Estate Management, Ideally BIFM level 6
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Operations Manager / Supervisor jobs in Travel & Hospitality
- Procurement Manager / Supervisor jobs in Travel & Hospitality