£41,000 - £46,000
We are looking for a Facilities Manager to join the team at our head office in Farringdon. You will ensure a safe, fit for purpose working environment and provide a full facilities management service, a building management service to our sub-tenants and ad-hoc facilities advice and support to our 5 regional offices and retail shops.
Our Support Services department provides leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation and ensuring our resources are used to maximum effect. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Facilities Manager you will manage and plan facilities services to ensure that the building provides a suitable environment for staff, tenants and visitors. You will also manage the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedule and have 24/7 reactive maintenance cover in place including disaster recovery to cover all eventualities. In addition you will:
- Be a key member in the development of, and have a defined role in, the business continuity procedures and instructions (BIA/BCP)
- Create and review operational buildings policies to ensure that the building is safe and secure and that systems are in place to ensure prompt resolution of any issues
- Be responsible for the day to day operational management of a £1.3 million direct budget and contribute to the budget planning and monitoring process
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of resources in the pursuit of value for money and quality of deliver in all facilities services
- Manage the Facilities and Office Service teams and take responsibility for the setting and reviewing of their objectives and development.
To be successful you will experience of managing a facilities management function across a full range of services including mechanical and electrical engineering, health & safety, risk management, space planning and supplier management. A clear communicator with the ability to positively engage with a wide range of stakeholders, you will also have experience in dealing with emergencies and be able to handle them in a calm, logical way and make decisions appropriately. In addition you will have:
- Good management skills and experience in managing and motivating staff in a service function
- A sound working knowledge of building regulations and Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) and how to apply them
- IOSH Health and Safety Qualification and NEBOSH qualification
- The ability to audit processes and procedures and act on any issues raised in a timely manner
- Experience in producing, updating and auditing fire and general risk assessments to ensure compliance.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website - Click Apply
Closing date: 3rd June 2018