Corporate Services Assistant
Corporate Services Assistant – GCS London
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $450 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Global Corporate Services
Corporate Services Assistant
The focus of this role is to provide professional support to the facilities team, across all aspects of that function.
Working hours will be Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm. If and when out of hours attendance is required by the GCS team, working hours will be Tuesday - Saturday, 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Provide “BAU” (Business as Usual) support to the Facilities management team, and for all aspects of the built environment
- Provide ad-hoc project management support and on site supervision out of hours during an extensive programme of planned works.
- To provide appropriate cover and back-up, as and when directed, to any other team under the purview of Facilities; (ie office services,, internal moves, adds & physical security administration, team documentation, general project administration as needed by the GCS team.
- All duties and responsibilities will be varied, time sensitive, subject to change and often requiring execution in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, always under the auspices of delivering premier customer service to our internal clients, across all businesses.
Specific duties can be defined as;
- Provide support to GCS Facilities Function:
- Liaise with Blackstone contractors
- Act as designated point of contact for Out of Hours work on Saturdays
- Conduct building condition walk rounds. Record findings and log reactive jobs
- Conduct health and safety floor walk rounds. Record findings and raise appropriate tickets
- Track, log and perform post office moves DSE assessments
- And to be responsive and proactive to handle any other requests that may be required and as directed by the Head of Facilities.
- Post qualification professional experience, is a must, ideally from within the financial or professional services sector, or a blue chip high performing organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Exposure to a facilities / project delivery / construction discipline with a sound understanding of terminology for the same, within a professional working environment is a must
- A basic understanding, and an expectation of training participation on a variety of areas; including but not limited to; health and safety, facilities and building operations, basic M&E systems, CAD, drawing interpretation etc Strong work ethic, a proactive self-starter, self-disciplined
- Ability to prioritize and capable of handling a busy, pressurized environment, juggling multiple competing deadlines simultaneously
- Strong team player, capable of being part of a cohesive team , but equally capable of working unsupervised, as and when required to do so
- An ability to read floorplans, and general understanding of the facilities environment is a requirement together with an awareness an ability to view space with a critical eye and notice items necessary for repair and / or maintenance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.