IT Technical Project Manager NHS
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual to join their team on an interim basis, assisting with National IT strategies related to the NHS.
- Support the overall programme of work to achieve the successful implementation of both short and long term and both local and national IT projects throughout the organisation;
- Ensure that all projects are run to PRINCE2 standards and that an auditable trail exists throughout the life of the project;
- Negotiate with clinical and management colleagues a practical plan regarding project deliverables as required to achieve the strategy;
- Monitor the progress of each work-stream against the agreed project plan, and intervene at any point where there is a risk of delay, resource overuse or unacceptable quality;
- Identify conflicting priorities and propose appropriate action to deliver the overall programme of work;
- Assess risk for key tasks in each work-stream and estimate, in negotiation with managers, the likelihood and impact of the risk;
- Take ownership of the Project Budget and Project Change Control and Business Contingency planning for all projects;
- Justify decisions taken within each project, through reference to evidence maintained in project archives, when required to do so by any audit authority;
- Lead in the development of business cases, with documentation in line with local and national standards;
- Lead the development of Project Brief and Project Initiation Documentation (PID);
- Lead and manage the project governance framework including risk register and benefits realisation reporting;
- Develop, contribute to or revise policies and procedures related to operational areas within the project;
- Work with Change Managers in the organisation to analyse the business processes employed within clinical, administrative and management services across all project areas;
- Liaise with the Trust’s Informatics Training Manager to plan appropriate training to support project delivery;
- Plan and account for the overall project budget and physical resourcesassets ensuring that resources are committed to ensure successful delivery, reporting variances to the project board as appropriate;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Hold a proven ability to produce and present structured project reporting in accordance with PRINCE2;
- Significant, recent experience working within Informatics within the NHS, this is required due to the complexity of NHS standard national policies and implementations.
- Hold PRINCE II Qualification.