Engineering Services Manager
Our client are a leading property company who have assigned Maxwell Stephens to recruit a Engineering Services Manager to join their team.
This role will supervise, plan, and co-ordinate all aspects of M&E System Operations, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance within M&E and Building Fabric, disciplines; Help Desk Calls, Small Project Works.
The Engineering Services Manager will also deputise for the Technical Services Manager in his absence, as and when required.
- To manage and supervise the Senior HVAC Technicians, Building Services Supervisor and specialist contractors when they are undertaking planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with, or better than, HVAC SFG20/CIBSE guidelines.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the M&E services requirements, organising the site team and supply chain in order to meet the outputs and objectives.
- Identifying, planning & scheduling of PPM in all service delivery aspects.
- Establish process and structure of all management systems within team.
- Assist in the preparation of operational procedures, emergency and contingency plans.
- Maintain records appertaining to operations, PPM schedule, reactive maintenance, the emergency maintenance systems and other engineering, building fabric records including operation and maintenance manuals and drawings.
- Oversee all maintenance activities and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site procedures and requirements.
- Undertake tasks during peak workloads and to ensure provision of holiday and sickness cover where appropriate.
- Staff supervision of all BOPML full and part-time staff, contractors and other specialist providers.
- Take ownership and pursue effective communications with the Occupiers in order to build stable relationships.
- Be proactive with regard to preventative/reactive maintenance and extra works.
- Operate within Brookfield QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Organise and maintain duty rosters for on shift personnel.
- Be available to attend or manage emergency call-outs/incidents and provide written incident reports as required.
- Maintain accurate records of works completed and associated financial costs. Use this information to report to the Technical Services Manager on a regular basis.
- Undertake roles of Authorised Person for the M & E systems.
- Training of staff, including system operations and health and safety, updating the training matrix to meet the competency/recent requirements.
- Preparation of operational and managerial reports.
- Responsible for time sheets and other administrative duties of subordinates.
- Responsibility for compliance with all statutory requirements within your remit
- Liaise with the Operations Manager in the execution of the waste management requirement.
- Carry out staff appraisals for engineers who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
- Production and maintenance of a subordinate’s succession plans ensuring all training and development requirements are in place.
Health and Safety:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at works.
- To co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable the company to comply fully and at all times with its legal duties regarding health, safety and welfare matters.
- Never to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- To familiarise yourself with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and to comply fully at all times with the company’s health, safety, welfare and fire arrangements.
- To report immediately all accidents involving injuries and illness verbally to your immediate superior and a First Aider and make or have made on your behalf, an entry in the company’s Accident Book.
- Never to use any machinery, work equipment, dangerous substance, transport equipment, system of work or safety device unless you have been authorised to do so and then only in accordance with any training received by you and any instructions provided to you.
- Never to perform work you are not qualified to do or have not been properly trained for.
- To inform the company immediately of any work situation which you consider represents a serious and immediate danger to health and safety or represents a shortcoming in the company’s arrangements for health and safety.
- To report to the company any medical condition you have and any medication or substance you are taking which could affect the safety of yourself or others.
- To seek medical treatment for all injuries you sustain (no matter how slight they appear).
- If required, to co- operate fully and promptly with any accident investigation carried out by the company.
- Minimum B Tech 3 or NVQ recognised equivalent.
- Experience gained within a multi-discipline hard and soft services environment in a supervisory role
- A good working knowledge of assets such as– Plumbing; HVAC systems, Controls, Refrigeration and electrical/mechanical
- Experience in computer PPM management systems e.g. concept 500 SQC or equivalent Experience in managing a Help Desk
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Endorsement. HNC/ HND/Degree in Building Services Engineering (High level of electrical content) Membership to the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent
- Prior experience with permits to work (Authorised Person electrically/ mechanically)
- Prior experience of Building Management Systems
If you would like to apply for this unique position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay!