Interim Head of Facilities and Operations
5 days left
- Full Time
Maxwell Stephens has been appointed by a leading Arts University to recruit a Head of Facilities and Operations on an interim basis.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Operations provides practical oversight of all aspects of the premises. The role requires a commercial outlook, combining accountability for the full range of elements, including space planning, landlord relations and contractor management, customer service and front office operations, hard and soft facilities management and compliance.
- Lead the Facilities team so that all operational aspects of the Institute’s premises are actively managed at all times to ensure full, comfortable and safe availability to users whenever required
- Manage an appropriate level of staffing to ensure the buildings are operational and secure at all times
- Manage the maintenance, cleaning, security and safety & first-aid provision of the Institute’s estate
- Act as a primary key-holder to buildings and provide 24-hour response when any action is required
- Oversee the compiling and scheduling of room availability for accurate allocation to demand by lectures, seminars, meetings and events
- Work with all departments on the forward planning of space, with clear communication channels between Facilities and all other departments within the Institute
Front Office and Customer Service:
- Lead the running and performance of the Front Office, including cost and time management, to ensure the delivery of outstanding service to current and potential stakeholders of the Institute
- Manage the handling and fulfilment of all operations-related requests by staff and students
- Continually review and develop the skills and attitude of the Front Office and Facilities team members in pursuit of excellent customer service
Administration and Compliance:
- Ensure that risk assessments are undertaken as required and health & safety procedures are adhered to, and that the Institute meets its obligations under applicable regulations
- Work with the Finance Director to devise and report periodic key indicators for property, facilities and Front Office performance
- Control all aspects of property-related expenditure through the institute’s financial control processes
Planning & Commercial:
- Manage the Institute’s space planning , advising on optimal usage of the properties and managing implementation
- Enhance the efficiency of the operation and usage of the Institute’s property so as to meet and exceed budgetary targets
- Lead our relations with landlords and oversee the negotiation of leases, applying close knowledge and experience of listed buildings requirements and of practical property solutions
- Manage our relations with surveyors and professional advisors as required
- Provide guidance to the CEO regarding options for developing the Institute’s built environment fit for its emerging new business
Experience and Skills
The successful candidate must have a strong dual skill-set both strategically and operationally, and must:
- Have seasoned experience in the management of high quality premises and all associated facilities
- Possess superior interpersonal, and spoken and written communication skills
- Have the ability to work independently, flexibly and collaboratively with senior management peers, staff and faculty, communicating effectively with these different constituencies
- Be highly self-motivated, responsive and results-oriented, and possess excellent leadership skills with a focus on outstanding professionalism and customer service
- Have fluent Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel
- Be accomplished in budget and works planning and control
- Demonstrate the proven ability to manage under pressure and meet deadlines, analyse options and take the appropriate action.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or a property-related qualification and substantial experience of managing a diverse group of staff and contractors.
Effectiveness in the role will require the appointee to be able to work flexible hours as need arises e.g. attending on-call as needed, staying late to complete urgent work.
Experience of the higher education sector and an interest in the art world is desirable.
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email your CV to email@example.com to apply.
Apply for Interim Head of Facilities and Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly