Capital Projects Manager
A large healthcare organisation is currently looking to appoint an interim Capital Projects Manager for a period of 3 months.
- A key role for the Trust supporting the Senior Estates Team in the provision of a professional Estates design, technical advice and engineering/construction management service to the Trust; This includes the direct management and supervision of Capital schemes for all building and engineering matters associated with the Trust;
- Schemes implemented to agreed costs, timescales and the required quality standards in order to provide a modern, efficient and sustainable Estates portfolio which is compliant with all Estates and Facilities related Regulations and to enable the ongoing and effective delivery of patient care;
- Directly manage the provision of Building Improvement schemes through construction and engineering contractors and external specialist consultants and surveyors to meet the requirements of the Trust Estates and Service strategies and the associated Capital and major revenue projects;
- Responsible for the design, detailed specification, procurement, planning, implementation and project management, and contract administration of all Capital and major revenue projects, in addition to any compliance and associated remedial works arising from in house and specialist audits;
- Assist in the development of the Trust’s Capital Programme and manage a number of specific projects in order to implement the program to improve the environment for patients and staff;
- Provide technical representation at a number of Project Meetings (Steering Groups & Specialist Design Groups) linked to capital schemes and other schemes within the program. Provide the technical input into the Project Group meetings;
- Educated to Degree level working at a senior level in Building construction or Engineering services;
- Specialist works and building knowledge to degree level or equivalent post graduate knowledge through training, experience to a Masters equivalent level;
- Specialist’s works and building knowledge of project management in building construction within NHS organisations.