Senior Health and Safety Specialist
Maxwell Stephens are delighted to present to you a brand-new vacancy with a leading Research Company. We have pleasure in being asked to find the ideal candidate to fill the role of Senior EHS Specialist. The purpose of this position is to conduct and support risk assessments and other consultancy services to control workplace hazards.
- Support and manage interactions between sites in EMEA, Asia and Latin America with Consultants and arrange gap assessments, risk assessments, training, SOP development, ergonomic assessments & general coordination of site visits.
- Carry out risk assessments (general, back to work, pregnancy, ergonomic), as required, for the UK offices.
- Lead EHS drop & dial is sessions to minimise workplace EHS issues.
- Coordinate with guidance of EHS Manager with ensuring EHS performance, compliance and improving culture across all sites.
- Provide advice/assistance to all sites on health and safety requirements with audit preparation, follow up from audits and policies/SOPs. Track actions and provide updates.
- Coordinate with guidance of EHS Manager with preparing and updating of EHS Polices/SOPs and distribution of these, as required.
- Complete site Emergency Management plans, as required.
- Monitor records of EHS against legal requirements and Document Retention policy.
- Gathering metrics data and ensuring timely submission by sites on EHS.
- Gathering data and helping to compile reports for incidents, accidents, ill health data (EMEA)
- Compiling and the distribution of GM reports on H&S for different countries (general, periodic performance reports).
- Environmental Corporate requirements – assist with any particular corporate requirements in sustainability.
EHS Programmes, Projects and General Support:
- Incident reporting Tool – manage administrative requirements, training for sites and administrative tasks involved in rolling out updated tool to EMEA region.
- Ensures incidents are reported and investigations are completed correctly.
- Manage the audit programme – audit prep, attend audits, lead the completion of post audit actions
- Driver Safety Programme – assist with the roll out of driver safety ‘global/EMEA’ tool.
- Manages Ergonomics Program (UK – more hands on) and other EMEA sites (advice, awareness, data gathering), including programme implementation, where required
- Assist with providing advice and support to projects in for areas of responsibilities, to ensure EHS considerations throughout the project lifecycle. (e.g. review of appropriate documentation)
- Ensure EHS requirement considerations for new sites – mobilisation checklist.
- Purchase orders, liaising with suppliers, resolving EHS payment issues, general administration, in line with budget.
- Support EHS initiatives at the UK offices physically and remotely for other countries.
- Manage Campaigns for EMEA – assist EHS Manager in identifying and rolling out EHS campaigns across all EMEA, LATAM & Asia sites.
- Manage EHS content for webpages.
- Coordination of EHS content of the Facilities Handbook and handbook completion (especially new sites).
- Newsletter – assist EHS Manager in producing new version in alignment with EHS FC and Facilities EMEA.
- EHS has now assumed responsibility of managing EHS of more sites (Europe) and therefore someone who would be able to manage these sites with minimal supervision is required.
- Requirement for updating the EHS management system and developing structures that would ensure standardisation of services, where applicable
- Management of the Audit programme
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, similar experience required.
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response for this role so apply early to avoid disappointment.