Technical Operations Manager/ Supervisor
- To report directly to the Account Manager with responsibility for Supervising the day to day operation and maintenance, including development of the contract.
- To ensure all PPM and repairs are carried out as necessary
- To ensure all reactive tasks are completed in a timely manner so as to meet the SLA assigned.
- Required to safely operate and maintain the HVAC, HV, L8, Mechanical and Electrical systems and associated equipment on site in line with current legislation.
- To maintain a good working relationship with customer representatives and work in a manner which ensures that all aspects of the service agreement between ENGIE and the customer are delivered with the requisite levels of professionalism.
- Responsible for Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Responsible for Permits to work
- Adhere to Safe systems of work
- Occasional work at the weekends and any additional time to be taken in lieu and be part of the management on call rota
- Standing in for the account manager as required
- Travel to 2nd site (Crawley) on regular occasions
The responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and other duties maybe required from time to time.
- Boiler Operation and Water Treatment Testing
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical maintenance techniques
- Excellent Understanding of all relevant legislative and statutory requirements
- Implementation of Safe Systems of Work
- To assist the Account Manager in the preparation of site budgets.
- Take responsibility for controlling Engineering Bought in Costs for the site.
- Prepare monthly reports to indicate main areas of spend for use in trending of information.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Able to work alone and Supervise a team
- Electrical or Mechanically qualified
- Recognised mechanical or electrical fully indentured apprenticeship qualification
- Relevant qualifications pertinent to their engineering disipline
- A minimum of five years’ experience following qualification e.g F-gas GAS safe
- Apprenticeship, primary trade qualifications and substantial experience within a building services environment
- Commercial gas safe and gas /boiler service qualifications
- IOSH Managing safely or similar health and safety course
- Proficient level of IT skills
- Ability to effectively work under pressure
- Ability to diagnose faults and recommend appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Confident and positive
- Knowledge of Integrated CAFM systems and hand held PDA’s.
- Desired experience with planon and planon mobile.