Cleaning Training Manager
Locations: Stockport, Taunton and Kent
Cleaning Training Manager
6-month full time contract
About the role
NHS Property Services are looking for innovative, motivated and enthusiastic operational, technical trainers for domestic cleaning personnel. You must be able to meet the challenge and have the ability to deliver training from basic cleaning methods through to specialists cleaning, including but not exhaustive of a range of subjects including; core cleaning methodology/skills, infection prevention and control, manual handling, NHS National Specifications of Cleanliness and Health & Safety etc.
It is essential that you must experience of delivering this type of training to frontline service delivery personnel.
- Deliver training and identify development needs within the organisation through job analysis and regular consultation with the operational management/work stream leads.
- Liaise closely with the Operations Managers/Workstream Leads and Admin Support.
- Support the development of induction materials, core skills training programmes, cleaning services essential documentation and guidance and lead the development of the training delivery plan/schedule.
- Responsible for development and distribution of employee’s induction packs for new employees.
- Deliver the induction and training programmes as required which will include:
- Induction to cleaning services
- Cleaning task methodology/processes
- Safe and correct use of cleaning machinery, equipment, materials and other products
- Health and Safety including Manual Handling, Risk Assessments and CoSHH
- Infection, Protection and Control
- Quality Assurance, Cleaning Standards and Audit regimes
- Domestic Services processes, procedures and policies including the Domestic Manual
- Manage the administration of the training delivery including training competency sign off for all individuals trained with all relevant documentation completed and forwarded to admin support for filing and collating feedback etc. Evaluate training outcomes and suggest individual or group development programmes in liaison with Operational leads. Amend and revise training programmes as necessary, to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment. Considering the costs of planned programmes assessing the return on investment and keeping within the constraints of budget is important. Work with the work stream lead and other team members to ensure consistency of training delivery nationally. Set plans for annual refresher training for all individual Domestic employees. Highlight individual training needs to Operational Management in order for learning plans to be aligned with the performance management and capability policies. Ensure statutory training requirements are delivered in line with company polices. Assist/liaise with the management team to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups and report issues/concerns to the operational leads. Liaise with admin support to arrange the booking of appropriate venues for training, personal travel and hotel booking arrangements for training purposes. Ensure that training files, training matrix and systems are kept up-to-date. Prepare reports for the work stream leads and Project Manager within set deadlines, including progress against plan for training delivery, recognition of strengths and weaknesses in skill sets, promoting quality achievements and performance, H&S, Quality and Environmental Assurance compliance. To liaise and create good working relationships with tenants, patients and visitors on behalf of NHS PS and attend meetings as required. Demonstrate support to other work stream leads/team members in order to enable them to achieve their deliverables. Follow up on all outstanding action points and ensure deadlines are met. Any other duties as requested by Operational Management/Work Stream Leads relevant to the team work stream output as required.
You must have good organisational skills and the ability to influence and communicate effectively with all colleagues at all levels within the organisation, from frontline personnel to the Senior Management Team.
You should be educated to A-level standard and ideally educated to degree level or equivalent but this is not essential. Excellent writing and communication skills are very important in this role.
You should have a proven track record in delivering large scale training programmes to a time critical deadline. Some experience of operational service delivery, particularly in a Soft FM Healthcare environment would be beneficial and desirable.
To be prepared to travel as this is a regional role and dependant on location may require to stay overnight.
Why you should join us
Go further in your career and join our talented community. We are different from other property and facilities management companies; we support our NHS customers to deliver healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services and all the profit goes back to the NHS to create efficient, sustainable and modern healthcare and working environments.
We will encourage and support you, both so you can carry out your role to the best of your ability, and to have your say; recognise and reward you for your contribution and encourage you to enjoy a good work/life balance.
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million. Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients, and the wider health economy.
Apply for this role
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org