Facilities, Contracts and ICT Manager
Leading FM recruitment consultancy Maxwell Stephens has been appointed by a national membership organisation whom have a membership of over 10,000 and 35 staff. To take responsibility for managing all aspects of facilities, including building maintenance and development, security, facilities, ICT and office management, procurement and hospitality management.
Responsible for: three staff, plus temporary staff and volunteers as required
- Building management and security
- To ensure high standards in building maintenance, infrastructure and services at all times.
- To oversee contractors and address issues that may arise.
- To engage with specialist advisors where necessary.
- To arrange for periodic repairs and redecoration as required by the terms of the lease and as agreed with the Head of Support Services & Information Management.
- To maintain a schedule of planned repair work to inform budget forecasts.
- To establish procedures for security and access to the building, ensuring such procedures are adhered to by all staff and users.
- To act as one of principal keyholders, to attend the premises in event of an out of hours emergency.
- To arrange for repairs and replacements of office equipment as needed.
- To ensure that an up to date inventory is maintained.
Front of House and catering
- To oversee front of house activities, ensuring guests are welcomed and greeted and that their needs are met.
- To ensure catering is provided in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner
- To ensure high standards of customer service for conferences and meetings.
- To oversee the provision of conference facilities including IT/AV services to visitors
- To manage the reception area, ensuring it is fully staffed at all times.
Health, safety and environmental management
- To act as the named health and safety officer
- To ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and good practice, including relevant health and safety checks and written records of such checks.
- To be responsible for communication and consultation on health and safety matters.
- To oversee recycling and encourage green approaches to work.
- To oversee waste management and disposal.
- To develop and review policies on health, safety and environment matters.
- To ensure new staff are trained on health and safety policies and procedures.
Procurement and management of third-party suppliers
- To establish or review procedures for procurement, in respect of third-party suppliers in the facilities areas.
- To oversee procurement from third parties, ensuring value for money.
- To be responsible for contractual arrangements, ensuring appropriate authorisation.
- To ensure appropriate provision of stationery and other office consumables.
- To oversee travel and hotel bookings.
- To manage third party suppliers and monitor performance against contracts.
Business development and income generation
- To work with the marketing team to promote the as a high-class conference and meeting space.
- To research the competition in order to develop a competitive offering.
- To develop and implement plans to meet agreed income generation targets.
ICT services and office management
- To be responsible for the procurement of ICT equipment, including photocopiers, phones and computer hardware.
- To deal with faults in the above equipment
- To manage the contract IT provider, establishing service standards and dealing with ad hoc problems to communications systems.
- To request logins and organise appropriate equipment for new staff, as well as arranging for equipment return and removal from the systems, for staff leaving the organisation.
- To oversee simple telephone moves and changes.
- To ensure the telephone directory list is up to date.
- To oversee ordering of supplies and consumables such as stationery.
Wider management role
- To play a full role in the management team.
- To work with senior management and board members to deliver the long-term strategy, and to take a leading role with regard to property strategy
- To lead and develop team members.
- To manage the staffing rota.
- To manage budgets within area of responsibility.
- To establish a facilities contingency plan, to include areas such as ICT failure and building damage.
- To embrace the digital agenda in all aspects of the team’s work.
- To meet KPIs for the department and prepare performance reports
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience.
- IOSH qualification
- Facilities management qualification
- An in-depth knowledge of building management and procurement
- A good working knowledge of health and safety at work legislation
- A good working knowledge of IT systems including AV equipment.
- Experience of managing others
- Experience of managing a building including procurement
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of a hospitality environment
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills including a strong customer focus
- Good negotiation skills
- Systematic, self-motivated and results focused, able to undertake practical hands-on work when needed
- Able to work by oneself and under own initiative
- A clear ability to establish priorities, meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to lead and motivate others
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Good project planning and project management skills
- A ‘can do’ and resourceful approach, eager to improve the status quo
- Excellent skills in financial management including cost control, variance and budget reporting
- Strong commercial acumen, able to spot business development opportunities
- Strongly service orientated to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Problem solving ability
- Able to undertake early and late shifts as required.
- Able to undertake weekend working on occasion
- Able to supervise contractors outside of normal working hours on occasions.
- Experience of generating new business
- Previous experience of working in / managing a listed building
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.
Apply for Facilities, Contracts and ICT Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly