Business Development Manager
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team, location of the role is negotiable as this is a national role.
About the role:
Directly reporting to the Regional Operations Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the tendering process of contracts / projects ranging from £50k to £5m in value, across a wide ranging portfolio of sectors including education, retail, industrial, offices, and other specialist areas such as hospitals and laboratories. The role also entails the creation and development of tender and pre-qualification submission documents.
There are a wide range of duties within the role including tasks related to tendering, marketing and contract pricing. You will support the team in the creation of pricing documents, communication with subcontractors re quotations, completion of PQQ’s and tender issued templates and creation of client specific tender proposals. There will also be a requirement to attend client meetings and carry out presentations. Development of existing client contracts / relationships and creating new client relationships, is also a requirement of the role.
• Research, prepare and submit bids for FM contracts
• Liaise with clients, demonstrating the quality of the company’s services, finding innovative solutions to new challenges, negotiating an effective balance between cost, value and risk, bringing deals to a close
• Develop site specific policies and operational procedures which fit with the company’s value framework and match the requirements of the client
• Mobilise contracts
• Develop new business opportunities beyond the PFI market which match the company’s strengths
• Research and develop partnering opportunities with suppliers, contractors and advisers which enhance the company’s bidding and market position
• Tracking tender portal’s for potential opportunities that align with the FM business plan
• Subcontract engagement assistance
• Manage sales to operations hand over procedure, into contract mobilisation
• Maintain cost model through any company or industry related changes
• Tender pricing creation through cost model
• Subcontractor collation of quotations
• Collation of tender finalisation pack, including tender finance statement
Who are we looking for?
Knowledge and Experience:
• The postholder will hold a relevant degree / diploma or professional qualification in a Hard / Soft FM discipline or have equivalent experience
• Experience in delivering maintenance services in the public sector is desirable
• A full driving licence and a willingness to travel are essential to the role
The postholder should display the following competencies:
• Prepare and present impressive bids and tenders
• Plan and mobilise reliable services
• Balance the need for quality and profit
• Operate effective IT systems
• Innovation in the design of services
• Prepare cost plans based on evidence, research and benchmarks
• Previous experience within sales / business development sector
• Demonstration of the ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion, and to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Ability to understand and work to the BAM values
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package consisting of a Company car / Car allowance, Bupa healthcare, bonus and 25 days holiday – we also provide continued learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time – then we’d like to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.