Infrastructure Delivery Project Manager
A large healthcare organisation is currently looking to appoint an interim Project Manager who will work closely with members of the stakeholder organisations involved in the delivery of a large Capital Project.
- Work closely with members of Providers, Commissioners, the Estate Strategist, the Technical Delivery team, Local Authority stakeholders, and other public / patient bodies as necessary, to plan, organise, co-ordinate and manage tasks and activities to enable submission of a capital bid in support of a new estate within the locality;
- Develop and provide and update Monthly Project Progress reports – including using nominated reporting tools;
- Defining and developing the Service (delivery) brief, including clear definition of the Models of Care and care setting needs;
- Helping Providers to identify, understand and specify the service delivery resource requirements, including the numbers and types of people required, and in particular, those who will normally be accommodated within the Estates Model, and those who will be visiting;
- Helping to ascertain the expected numbers and types of patients using the new facility, and the typical profile of care needs / patient episodes;
- Developing an operational brief for the building – i.e. how the facility will work in use, including the preparation of outline Operational Policies with the Service Provider stakeholders, including service access and patient flows;
- Supporting / assisting the Technical Delivery team, including Facility Designers to develop the building & facilities brief, including the type and scale of accommodation required to support the Service delivery needs;
- Organising and facilitating design development meetings to make sure Service Providers are contributing to the detailed designs to meet the operational brief;
- Assisting stakeholders (through facilitation) with the selection and specification (for procurement) of appropriate equipment, fixtures and furniture needed to support the service delivery and liaising with the other partners and Technical teams to incorporate these within the detailed scheme proposals, including clarity on supply and installation responsibilities;
- Organising and managing the Project Team to achieve Readiness for Service on the due date, including monitoring and updating the Operational Commissioning Plan, including Communications and engagement – liaison with PPGs and other groups, Completion and Handover, Equipping and furnishing, Service commencement and Post-project evaluation.
- Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement;
- Must be able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups;
- Comprehensive experience of project principles techniques and tools such as Prince 2 and Managing Successful Projects.
Apply for Infrastructure Delivery Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly