Technical Services Manager - Various Locations
Technical Services Manager - North East, North West and East of England
Competitive Salary + car allowance, including a 10% Discretionary Bonus, Matched pension contributions to 6%, Life assurance and 27 days holiday.
About NHS Property Services
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses. Our aim is to deliver a fit for purpose estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
Your new role
The purpose of the Technical Services Manager role is to support NHS Property Services (NHSPS) operational services in the nominated zone, ensuring that compliance and technical standards are maintained at all times. This will be achieved by the provision of technical advice and a timely response to operational incidents and customer issues. The role will also oversee technical maintenance and repair operations to ensure that FM Service Delivery is not compromised.
Role responsibilities also include:
- Acting as the technical lead for the zone, taking strategic and technical direction from the Head of Technical Services.
- As the tactical technical lead for the zone, building and maintaining strong relationships with the operational service delivery teams and suppliers.
- Providing technical expertise, specialist advice, support and consultancy when requested to do so by operational colleagues.
- Supporting asset and maintenance planning and contributing to the development of National strategies.
- Ensuring that a cost-effective maintenance solution is provided without disruption to site operations and customers.
- Liaising closely with Zone Compliance, Safety and Assurance colleagues to ensure that compliance and safe working are always a priority and are consistently applied.
- Leading investigations and providing reports in relation to any operational incidents or issues when requested to do so.
- Analysing data from technical activities and providing recommendations for change.
- Taking a National lead for specialist technical skills if required to do so.
What you'll need to succeed
The role requires a qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering with substantial experience in managing building services with specialist skills in a number of disciplines. You must have management experience of technical operations and safe systems of work and a thorough understanding of Health and Safety in the FM Services environment and related Permit to Work processes. Although not essential we welcome those with Chartered status and or a Safety and Health General Certificate i.e. (NEBOSH)
Why you should join us
You will have a unique opportunity to work within an organisation that manages an estate of over 3,000 assets and over 6,000 occupiers. Your work with us will be challenging and offer you the ability to be part of the developing strategy to achieve success.
Your performance will drive an improvement in the efficiency of the NHS contributing to the delivery of healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we receive a sufficient amount of applications therefore we recommend you submit your cv to Dina Khatib; Recruitment Business Partner as soon as possible. Dina.firstname.lastname@example.org Contact number: 07784 277 090