Regional Authorised Electrical Person
3 days left
- Full Time
Regional Authorised Person- Electrical Bias
South West - Bristol
£45 - £50K
Working for one of the UK's leading and best known Facilities Management companies. As a company they turnover excess of £3billion and are well placed in the FTSE 250. We are looking for an Authorised Person – Electrical Bias
Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- Ensure that all work is carried out on time, to the correct standard and in accordance with pre-planned or reactive work instructions or project work.
- Ensure that customers are aware of electrical/engineering work in their areas.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Safe Systems of Work.
- Assess the competency of nominated Authorised Persons, identify and initiate any training requirements and once suitably trained recommend their appointment to the Controlling / Contract Manager
- Monitor and assess the competence of Authorised Persons and where required, recommend the termination of their appointment to the Controlling / Contract Manager.
- Maintain a file of all Authorised Person within the Senior Authorised Persons area of responsibility, detailing locations and areas of Authorised Person responsibility, appointment dates, qualifications, training certificates, refresher training, experience and general correspondence.
- Ensure that all Authorised Persons are fully familiar with the operation and maintenance requirements of the Account/Site systems for which they are responsible.
- Issue all Authorised Persons, within their area of responsibility, the relevant Safety and Technical Directives, Alerts and Bulletins
- Ensure that all Safety and Technical Documents including Directives, Alerts and Bulletins etc., are fully understood and complied with.
- Identify any difficulties in applying these Safety Rules and make recommendations to the Authorising Engineer in respect of any proposed changes.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on matters relating to electrical systems and application of these Safety Rules to Electrical Systems.
- Maintenance of electrical systems, calibration of instrumentation, containment devices and building management control systems.
- Issue a formal report of any deficiencies, or omissions, to the Controlling / Contract Manager for action, copied to the Business Unit Health & Safety coordinator and Authorising Engineer
- Be responsible for the operation, isolation, discharging and proving dead of Account/Site systems and equipment. Prepare, issue, and cancel the appropriate safety documentation on Account/Site equipment within the limits specified on the Senior Authorised Persons Certificate of Appointment in accordance with the Safe Systems of Work.
- Carry out regular site audits to ensure that at every site where Integral UK have a responsibility for operating the relevant system, that we are fully compliant with the Integral Safety Rules, or the Client’s Rules where they apply. Issue a formal report of any deficiencies, or omissions, to the Controlling / Contract Manager for action, copied to the Business Unit Health & Safety coordinator and Authorising Engineer.
You may have one or more of the following
- 5 years’ experience in building services - electrical
- City & Guilds parts 1,2,3
- City & Guilds 2391 inspection / Testing
- AP LV Training
- AP 15 HV Training (external)
- 17th Edition IEE Regs
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application or call and ask to speak to Simon directly
Apply for Regional Authorised Electrical Person
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly