Facilities Project Manager
Facilities Project Manager
Location: Merton, London
Salary/Rate: £38,040 - £40,887 + Pension
Closing Date: 15 Oct 2018
Job Reference: 3429668
Permanent Maintenance and small works/projects management job for the London Borough of Merton.
Your new company
Merton’s Facilities Management team is changing to meet increasing demands to our high profile service. As part of this, we have an opportunity to join our busy team who oversee the management and maintenance of the civic centre HQ and other corporately managed buildings, making sure that we provide good quality and safe environments to use by staff and visitors.
Your new role
A diverse role encompassing the many facets of maintenance and small works management, the successful candidate will need to be familiar with a wide array of building services and best practices involved within them.
The role will contain but is not limited to:
Liaising and engaging with other council departments in the civic centre, understanding their needs and working to ensure a harmonious relationship, representing and being the face of the FM department.
Overseeing space utilisation projects, co-coordinating office moves and their associated complications.
Managing on-site maintenance contractors, monitoring PPM SLAs, quality of works and cost effectiveness. Overseeing full life-cycle of small projects, engaging contractors, ensuring cost effectiveness and monitoring of progress throughout the works. Final checking of invoices and that works meet expectations.
Operating as the client in relation to HSE CDM 2015 regulations and ensuring the council is protected in meetings its legal responsibilities.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be proactive, able to rely on your own initiative in diagnosing defects, creating specifications for work and administer associated contracts. Experience managing multiple contractors in a timely manner is imperative.
· HND/HNC in a building services discipline or C&G level 3 or equivalent with relevant experience.
· Knowledge of statutory compliance within building services
· Knowledge of procurement processes and best value initiatives
· Knowledge of Health and safety, statutory compliance, risk assessment & CDM
· Experience using design software e.g AutoCAD.
· Experience managing multiple projects running concurrently.
· Experience running and managing reactive and planned maintenance programmes.
· UK driving licence.
· Previous Experience within a local government/public sector environment.
· Recognised project management qualifications (e.g Prince 2)
· Experience in building condition and asset management software systems.
· Experience using project management software
· Evidence of budget control and planning budgetary requirements for tender and bids processes
What you'll get in return
Annual salary of £38,040 - £40,887
Local government pension scheme (LGPS) – defined benefits pension scheme
Annual leave entitlement starts at 26 days annual leave per annum, which rises to 31 days after 5 years continuous local government service. Bank holidays are on top of this.
· Flexible working arrangements
· Season tickets and travel card loans
· Health and well-being programmes such as lunchtime classes and discounts off our leisure centres
· Childcare vouchers
· Discounts on local restaurants and bars
Please note interviews will be held onsite at London Borough of Merton on Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd of October 2018
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.