Facilities Assistant - Greenwich
We are currently recruiting a Facilities Co-worker to join our new IKEA store in Greenwich!
At IKEA, we like to do things a little differently and we like to have fun whilst we do it.
We believe in people: putting our co-workers and customers first in everything that we do.
We believe that everyone has a talent and we want you to grow both personally and professionally with us because when you grow, IKEA grows as a company and that is good for everyone.
The role of a facilities co-worker is to deliver site-based facility management services to ensure a sustainable, safe, clean and functional environment for other co-workers, visitors and customers; and ensuring that facility management services are delivered to a common standard in order to promote and protect the IKEA brand and to ensure IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing retailer in the local market.
Are you proactive in nature, conscientious, thorough and keen to make a difference?
Do you relish solving problems?
We’re looking for the right person to come and join our Facilities Management team to assist in providing a safe, clean, functional and sustainable environment with-in our buildings.
It is essential that you:
• You have a flair for DIY and general maintenance.
• You can take instructions and work on your own and within a team.
• You are self-motivated.
• You believe in providing excellent customer service.
• You have strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
• You have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills.
• You have a willingness to help and have worked around the general public previously.
• You have experience of working within a demanding and busy environment.
• You have the flexibility in terms of working hours and are able to be part of an on call rota and available to work weekends.
• You have a working knowledge of MS office applications.
• You don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
Desirable knowledge and/or experience in:
• You have a professional qualification in at least one Facilities Management discipline (e.g. electrician, plumber, carpenter, mechanical engineer etc.)
• You have experience in using computer aided facility management software systems.
• You have some experience in managing financial constraints and working within budgets.
• You have knowledge of site H&S regulations, understanding, reading, producing Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permits to work.
• Hold an IPAF certificate
You must be able to access IKEA Greenwich by public transport as there are no parking facilities.
Please apply, attaching a cover letter, explaining why you would like the position, what relevant experience you have and your salary expectations. Please put the job title in the subject box. - Click Apply
Apply for Facilities Assistant - Greenwich
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly