Apprentice Refrigeration Engineer
Various - Essex, Kent, Surrey and Greater London
We are a group of companies providing comprehensive and customer-focused Facility Management solutions. Our approach to Facilities Management is service-led, focusing on proactive strategies for providing the right service, at the right time and the right cost, whilst adhering to our core values.
Arcus Solutions currently have an exciting Refrigeration Engineers Apprenticeship opportunity. This role will require the successful applicant to work alongside our existing engineers in the reactive servicing and planned maintenance of a wide variety of specialist refrigeration systems. We are looking for candidates to join their programme to train and become Supermarket Refrigeration Engineers. We are looking for applicants in numerous locations including across the South East of England.
- Pre-planned and reactive refrigeration maintenance tasks through the guidance of your mentor
- To participate and learn all refrigeration reactive and planned maintenance tasks allocated to your mentor
- Liaise on a daily basis with your mentor and FSM
- Gain an understanding of how to complete the site-based log book containing all risk assessment, method statement, third party engineer's reports and signing/ attendance sheets.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements and adhere to best working practices at all times
- Undertake relevant HR processes including, notification of absence, holidays, training needs and completion of timesheets
- Build a wider business awareness
- You are what the client sees first; make a good impression (ensure you comply with dress code)
- Attend College, taking exams and keep business informed of progress
- GCSE in English, Maths and Science (grade A-C), Engineering qualification would be an advantage but not essential - a full UK driving license is of advantage.
- Experience within a professional working environment
- Understanding of basic engineering principles would be advantageous
- Able to communicate with colleagues and customers
In addition to a competitive salary, Arcus employees also receive various benefits. Including the following:
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Various Learning and Development opportunities
- Life Assurance, Gym discounts and childcare vouchers
- Contributory pension of up to 6%
- Discretionary bonus schemes
- Car allowance
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Arcus. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Arcus needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR and recruitment team, and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as is necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep date for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.
Apply for Refrigeration Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly