Estates Development Advisor
4 days left
- Full Time
The Estates Development Advisor is a member of the Operations Division working closely with the Senior Principal FMS Strategist and the FMS Portfolio Manager. You will be a key player in the development of efficient and effective facilities and supporting services across the organisation. You will act as a functional specialist to provide experienced advice and guidance on new works to develop the Dstl infrastructure.
If you love establishing and building key relationships, working as part of a team and delivering excellent outcomes at pace, this could be a role for you.
The Estate Development Advisor role is dynamic and some of the activities you'll be working on are;
- Providing direct support/cover to SEDL as required
- Creating and implementing site development, operational, refurbishment and closure plans.
- Leading on appropriate application of quality standards, procedures and checks.
- Responsible for ensuring site activities requiring specific technical skills, professional qualifications and licenses to practice are compliant.
- Identifying technical risks and issues for inclusion on the risk register/issues log and owning any assigned mitigating actions.
- Supporting the Site FM Contract Manager in the smooth running of day-to-day service delivery at site level, managing and resolving raised issues.
- Facilitating the relationship of other external suppliers that carry out works on the Dstl estate that impact the overall FM service provision
- Actively participating in networking with other FM professionals inside and outside government, and sharing good practice.
- Helping Dstl end-users identify their requirements using your technical and intelligent client knowledge.
- Crafting and implementing change management plans
- Identifying, analysing and preparing risk mitigation tactics
- Engage and support partner community
- Track and report issues
- Contribute to investment projects ensuring that they deliver the required outcome, to the required standard of quality
- Provide expert projects to develop Dstl infrastructure, act as the interface between Dstl and the strategic partner and suppliers
- Ensure statutory, mandatory, regulatory and legislative requirements are adhered to and the duties are discharged
- Carry out day-to-day troubleshooting and liaison with the Dstl Departments and Functions, assisting in their definitions of needs and in management of their expectations
- Work co-operatively with service providers to ensure successful delivery of critical infrastructure projects across the Estate
- Develop an understanding with the user on the meaning of the requirements to develop a shared understanding resulting in an approved set of requirements.
As a key part of this role you will be Partnering effectively with Service Providers and;
- Building good working relationships, understanding their capabilities and making them aware of the strategic context of each site as we integrate them into our delivery
- Acting as an intelligent client for matters relating to the operation of the site
- Monitoring performance of strategic partners against appropriate important metrics
You will work with end-users and Building Managers to ensure that requirements are captured, reviewed and delivered using your knowledge and understanding of available delivery options
Person specification - Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Protection standards in FM
- Experience of working to budget.
- Proven track record of successfully engaging in contract and supplier relationships in a complex shared service environment.
- Strong Communication and influencing Skills with a proven ability in developing relationships with key partners.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience of managing complex series of requirements
- Working with Computer Aided Design Qualifications Desirable
- A recognised Environmental qualification at National Qualifications Framework Level 6 or equivalent. Relevant experience may also be considered.
- Full membership of a Professional Body (e.g. APM, BIFM)
- Chartered/higher membership of a Professional Body (e.g. APM/BIFM)