Permit Co-ordination Technical Support
5 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a person to fulfil the Technical Support role within the Permit Co-ordination Office (PCO). Could this be you?
This hands on role will be at the centre of a dynamic contractor management environment. As part of our 4C’s system of control (JSP 375 Chapter 34) your role would be to keep our staff, and contractors working for us safe, whilst ensuring legal compliance.
Working closely with and under the direction of the PCO Technical Lead, you will undertake a range of activities including contractor induction, safety documentation review and physical audit and inspection across the estate.
Supporting the Technical Lead you'll be the gateway for contractors onto the Dstl sites, providing technical H&S advice and assurance through planned and reactive interventions.
You will require a capacity to work with and influence a variety of partners both internally and in the contractors space, so developed behavioural competencies will be required.
You will primarily collaborate with our Contractors, the PCO Technical Lead and PCO team, our FM provider and the 4C Area Custodians (Building Managers)
We are looking for someone who has;
- The right blend of technical experience and behavioural competencies to actively support our PCO and control of contractors / visitors system.
- An existing knowledge and some experience of Contractor management and/or control systems
- A basic understanding of/operating experience within the H&S legislation HSG159, IMDG368 and/or JSP 375 Chapter 34,
- A strong ownership and delivery mindset who drives continuous improvement in our management of visitors and contractors
- A proven background of developing strong working relationships with a wide range of partners and invested parties.
You will be;
•Supporting and representing the Technical Lead as required
•Monitoring contractor compliance with SSoW, RAMS’ etc. in active works
•Conducting technical reviews of Contractor PQQ, RAMS and other safety paperwork, acting as the gateway for approving (or rejecting).
•Delivering agreed Contractor Induction and awareness briefings
•Providing timely and impartial advice and support to the PCO, Area Custodians and other colleagues as required
- Ensuring control across a diverse and changing estate with multiple contractors and activities
- Working effectively with diverse stakeholder groups
- Maximising impacts of a small PCO team in improving Contractor and visitor safety performance
- Understanding and adapting to legacy ways of working
Person specification Essential
•Understanding of the key legal elements of a health and safety policy
•Relating the legal elements to the control of contractors process
•Experience of review of methods of controlling workplace hazards and risks
•Applying safe systems of work, reporting and effective communication
•Experience of working with a number of key partners; including contractors, FM providers, internal SME’s and workplace custodians
•Experience working in a Health and Safety Environment with an ability to identify risks and management solutions
•Previous experience in a Permit Office / Contractor Control Office
•Working experience of compliance of contractors Qualifications Essential
NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and/or NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Health and Safety
NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management Memberships IOSH