Head of Buildings & Facilities
Heatherwick Studio is looking for an energetic, pragmatic, and versatile leader to oversee the studio’s facilities and front of house teams. The successful running of the two domains ensure a unique and inspiring studio environment in which our people love to work and an extraordinary experience for all of our guests. We are looking for a person to give teams the leadership, management, and advocacy they need to continue to thrive as the studio grows.
Another key role this person will play is to lead a new building relocation and refit project in line with the studio’s building strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who wishes to take on a challenge.
Your mission will be to:
- Provide clear and motivating leadership for facilities and front of house teams.
- Develop systems and processes that ensure smooth and efficient operations internal to the teams, and at the interfaces across the studio teams
- Head up the new building relocation and refit project
As Head of Buildings & Facilities you will create a happy, thriving working environment in which the studio values are pervasive and the vision is clear to all stakeholders. You will create business processes which allow teams to communicate effectively and work in harmony.
Heatherwick Studio is a team of over 200 problem solvers dedicated to making the physical world around us better for everyone. Based out of our combined workshop and design studio in Central London, we create buildings, spaces, master-plans, objects and infrastructure. Focusing on large scale projects in cities all over the world, we prioritise those with the greatest positive social impact.
The Head of Buildings & Facilities is a unique opportunity for a committed individual to make their mark. Ultimately you will be at the forefront of building a fantastic working environment which scales with the growth of the brand and encompasses workshops, design studios, offices and meeting spaces across multiple sites.
You must have:
- Ideally 8+ years operations experience in a large architecture or design firm, or alternative industry with comparable areas of scope
- Proven track record of successfully overseeing facilities and front of house operations in complex and flexible organisational setups
- Experience structuring, tasking, motivating, and coordinating multiple teams over diverse areas of scope
- Experience of managing complex office re locations, refurbishments and fit outs - IT infrastructure, facilities
- Ability to organise, plan and manage workloads in a very high-pressure environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong contracts and tendering experience
- Good commercial acumen - legal knowledge and negotiating with multiple vendors
- Broad property, building or construction background
- Ability to drive complex agreements and deal with day to day detail
- Strong stakeholder communication skills at all levels
- Relevant project management qualification and membership of professional bodies highly desired
- Experience overseeing Health&Safety function.
You must be:
Entrepreneurial: Able to grasp opportunity and drive it through with ‘can-do’ enthusiasm
Analytical: Able to assess and analyse information and data effectively and feed back to operations
Creative: Always looking at things from a new angle.
Pragmatic: Able to achieve and beyond with given resources and parameters
Astute: The ability to navigate many stakeholders with different goals and agendas
Resilient: Performs well under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity
Bold: Taste for the unconventional and imaginative
This role is a part of the Senior Leadership Team and reports directly to the Studio Director.
For more information and a full job specification please contact directly our recruitment team.
Please apply directly with a detailed up to date CV and a cover letter stating why you are the one for us!