Technical Services Manager
Established in 2013, NHS Property Services is a property owner, service provider and advisor, helping to shape the estate of the NHS for the future. We have one goal: to ensure the NHS makes the right property choices that enable excellent patient care.
Our portfolio is one of the largest in the UK, comprising more than 3,000 properties with 7,000 tenants across England. At a total value of more than £3bn, this represents about 10% of the total NHS estate.
Our properties range from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
Your new role
The purpose of the Technical Services Manager role is to support NHS Property Services (NHSPS) operational services in the nominated zone, ensuring that compliance and technical standards are maintained at all times. This will be achieved by the provision of technical advice and a timely response to operational incidents and customer issues. The role will also oversee technical maintenance and repair operations to ensure that FM Service Delivery is not compromised.
Role responsibilities also include:
- Acting as the technical lead for the zone, taking strategic and technical direction from the Head of Technical Services.
- As the tactical technical lead for the zone, building and maintaining strong relationships with the operational service delivery teams and suppliers.
- Providing technical expertise, specialist advice, support and consultancy when requested to do so by operational colleagues.
- Supporting asset and maintenance planning and contributing to the development of National strategies.
- Ensuring that a cost-effective maintenance solution is provided without disruption to site operations and customers.
- Liaising closely with Zone Compliance, Safety and Assurance colleagues to ensure that compliance and safe working are always a priority and are consistently applied.
- Leading investigations and providing reports in relation to any operational incidents or issues when requested to do so.
- Analysing data from technical activities and providing recommendations for change.
- Taking a National lead for specialist technical skills if required to do so.
What you'll need to succeed
The role requires a qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering with substantial experience in managing building services with specialist skills in a number of disciplines. You must have management experience of technical operations and safe systems of work and a thorough understanding of Health and Safety in the FM Services environment and related Permit to Work processes. Although not essential we welcome those with Chartered status and or a Safety and Health General Certificate i.e. (NEBOSH)
Why you should join us
You will have a unique opportunity to work within an organisation that manages an estate of over 3,000 assets and over 6,000 occupiers. Your work with us will be challenging and offer you the ability to be part of the developing strategy to achieve success.
Your performance will drive an improvement in the efficiency of the NHS contributing to the delivery of healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the urgency to fill this role please submit your CV as soon as possible.
Apply for Technical Services Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly