Facilities and Buildings Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by an innovative media company to recruit a Facilities and Buildings Manager to join their team.
The Facilities and buildings Manager will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business. Ensuring the organisation has the most suitable working environment for its employees and clients.
Responsibilities will cover several departments and across multiple sites, as well as the central services that link to all the teams.
Building and Maintenance:
- Coordinates building maintenance and repairs that affect normal building operation
- Project management, supervising and coordinating the work of contractors ensuring minimum disruption to core activities & clients
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Vehicle servicing, MOT’s, parking permits, congestion charges, Tax, damage recording
- Annual maintenance and certificates. Fire extinguishers, fire alarms, LOLER (rigs and lifts) , Gas Safe
- (boilers), Electrical testing, air con, water sampling, drain flushing
- Managing and not exceeding monthly sub-contractor and maintenance budgets.
- Managing building improvement projects from planning/ contractor tender stage to building control sign off Inc. managing sub-contractors
- Project / Site Management of future sites as part of the continued expansion of the company
- Management of the 3 rd. party cleaning contractor & in house cleaning team.
Health and Safety:
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Organise staff training- IPAF powered access, fire marshal training, first aid.
- Develops and implements facility emergency plans
- Oversees building security including Access control systems and CCTV
- Communications infrastructure – Mobiles, internet & landlines.
- Maintenance of companies Printers and Scanners
What They Are Looking For
- A driven and enthusiastic individual, who is able to work under their own initiative and under direction from the management. Excellent people skills, with the ability to deal with clients and employees of the business at all levels.
- Someone with a proven track record in building/facilities management.
- A team player with a “can do” attitude and the ability to work well in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in budget responsibility
- Experience of project management within the building industry would be desirable
To apply, please contact one of the friendly Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 or email email@example.com for more details.
Apply for Facilities and Buildings Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly