College Head of Facilities
5 days left
- Full Time
University of Birmingham
College of Social Sciences
Post title – College Head of Facilities –31847
Duration – Permanent
Salary – Full time starting salary is normally in the range £50,132 to £58,089. With potential progression once in post to £75,744 a year
Location – Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Summary of Role
Are you looking to develop your career in a prestigious organisation? The University of Birmingham is one of the most ambitious institutions in the UK.
People are at the heart of what we are and do. We want to attract outstanding, inspirational, and talented people, support them to succeed, and celebrate their success. Working at the University of Birmingham gives you access to the best financial and physical resources, a beautiful campus and an intellectually stimulating and diverse community.
Working at the University of Birmingham brings many benefits, from generous holiday leave, to reward and recognition. The University offers a range of benefits to help you achieve a better balance between your family and work responsibilities. For more information about staff benefits, please visit: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/employeebenefits/index.aspx.
In addition you will have access to all of the University's facilities such as the sports centre, library, outstanding nurseries, research facilities, faith support, wellbeing services, staff clubs and networks.
Key Responsibilities Involved
The role is a senior post within the College of Social Sciences. The role holder will offer strategic advice to the Director of Operations on all matters related to estates, facilities, infrastructure, health and safety and the successful management of a portfolio of buildings across the College estate. The role holder will provide the highest quality service in all aspects of facilities management, including budgetary responsibility, supplier services, project management and stakeholder relationship management and have the motivation to continuously improve all aspects of the operation and quality of service delivery. The successful candidate will also provide leadership, line management and supervision to the Facilities Team, whilst epitomising the exacting standards within the Professional Services Expectations Framework.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent work experience, membership of a relevant professional body, H&S qualification and experience
- The ability to embrace change as well as drive change to meet the needs of the University as well as to improve service
- Substantial experience of space planning, database management and an ability to produce quality management information and strong competency in numeracy and relevant experience of statistical analysis
- Committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service, understanding of customer needs, constantly striving to find new ways to increase customer satisfaction
- Previous experience of working in an HE environment or similar (preferred)
- Project management experience including experience of capital developments and managing occupation of new buildings
For further information please contact Lorraine Gaytten (email@example.com) or telephone 0121 414 7348
Closing date: 16th December 2018 Reference: 31847
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote the appropriate Job Ref in all enquiries, alternatively information can be obtained from www.hr.bham.ac.uk
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment