In this role you will solely be responsibility for the daily running of one main building of 111,000 sq. ft.
This would include but is not limited to contract management, client relationship management, tenant and supplier relationship management, commercial management, financial acumen and HSE responsibility.
You will be the main contact between ensuring that any requests or complaints are dealt with swiftly and professionally. For success you will have had previous experience of managing a building on your own. There will be lots of tenant engagement and relationship building.Key Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, estate surveyors, contractors, tenants and occupiers.
- To liaise regularly with all tenants to keep them informed of actions, work and activities associated with the day to day running of the building, including anything out of the ordinary that may impact on daily routines. This can be daily if required
- To refer all tenancy issues to Estate Surveyors and be aware how own actions can implicate the terms of the lease.
- To produce a draft service charge budget to reflect the estimated running costs of the property to include correct allocation of costs and to allow direct recovery as applicable.
- Raise Purchase orders and to code and authorise payment of invoices within approved FM element of service charge budget.
- To undertake monthly detailed inspection and produce an inspection report. Act immediately on any issues found.
- To ensure tenants are aware and utilise fully the Service Desk facility. To oversee Helpdesk activity and ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Manage all aspects of contractor day to day activities at site, including Health and Safety in the ‘common parts’.
- Ensure that the following Risk Assessments are undertaken by William Martin Compliance on an annual basis
- To produce or update building emergency procedures.
- Ensure that tenants and staff are fully aware and ensure the implementation of these plans
- To respond to and resolve any complaints within a minimal timescale, to communicate regularly with all parties, to escalate concerns where applicable and to recommend process or service improvements as relevant. To report any complaints received from Tenants, Clients, members of the public or other employees immediately to your Line Manager.
- General Contractor Management (Property Maintenance and Facilities Management)
- Health & Safety Knowledge ensuring compliance (minimum of IOSH qualified)
- Engineering / Technical Understanding – experience of PPM processes and permits
- Budget control
- People & Customer Service Skills
- Previous experience of managing annual service charge
- Interpersonal skills
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click ‘apply now’!
Apply for Building Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly