Head of Property & Facilities
Head of Property and Facilities Management for a rapidly growing international business
An all-encompassing total facilities management role across multiple sites within UK and EMEA
Europa Worldwide Group is a dynamic, market-leading logistics and distribution company who have the ambition to be the very best at everything they do. Established in 1966, they deliver pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide, with a service wrapped in passion and personality.
Now with 4 specialist divisions - Road, Air & Sea, Showfreight and Warehouse - Europa have representation in six continents, operate in over 120 countries, employ nearly 800 staff and have a turnover of over £160 million.
The newly created Head of Property and Facilities role has been formed in order to support a significant and exciting period of business expansion and growth, and will be based at the prestigious Corporate Head office in Dartford, Kent.
This Head of Property and Facilities position is an exciting role for an experienced multi-site Head of Facilities. You will have a wide spectrum of responsibilities across the estate and will be working closely with the Finance Director and, on occasions, with the Managing Director.
As the Head of Property and Facilities you will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of new exciting projects as well as offer your support and advice on upgrading existing sites.
The current estate comprises of 14 sites in total including 3 Warehouse/Distribution Centre's and 10 offices in UK as well as several responsibilities in EMEA.
Part of the current expansion plans include future acquisitions and upgrade projects. You will be responsible for leading the 'roll out' of new sites and should be able to use your experience to your advantage in this area.
It is a dynamic, fast paced, driven but fun environment to work in, and to succeed you will need exceptional talent and ability. In this role you will be expected to deliver change and development within the business.
Other duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Planning and project management of major building projects from property search to building delivery
- Medium and small projects (for example, office moves or refits)
- Full management of all multisite leased property portfolio
- Negotiating the best possible terms on new leases, lease renewals, rent-free periods, schedules of condition, dilapidations, licenses for alterations, planning permissions, sales and leasebacks, business rates, insurance, service charges, disputes etc.
- Responsible for all facilities across the estate including building compliance (e.g. fixed wire electrical testing, PAT testing, dock levellers and shutter doors, sprinklers, fire and intruder alarms, lighting, air conditioning etc.)
- Management of planned and life-cycle maintenance programmes together with incident related and reactive maintenance delivery
- Setting up and overseeing contracts and services including cleaning, catering, security, planned and reactive maintenance, building management systems, grounds maintenance and housekeeping etc.
- Managing the financial budgets in terms of procurement spend against targets and objectives, to drive efficiencies and reduce expenditure where possible
- Supporting acquisition integration when required
- Working away on occasions within the UK and EMEA
This role is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven Head of Facilities with multi-site experience to influence the further growth and development of Europa Worldwide Group. You will be a creative, resourceful and pro-active facilities professional. Overall, you will make sure Europa's property and facility needs are met throughout this growth.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to form a key part of the senior management team
- Have great interpersonal skills with a flexible and pragmatic approach and a pro-active approach to work
- Be willing to get your 'hands dirty' and get 'stuck in' to the role
- Be able to show a proven track record of successfully overseeing facilities within a multi-site operation
- Have experience mobilising new sites, installing set processes and procedures
- Have all-round good technical understanding of Building Management Systems and be able to apply this knowledge practically
- Be able to show a level of gravitas to engage with senior management and gain confidence in your ability
- Show experience managing large projects from inception through to completion
- Be adaptive to change given the growth and expansion of the business
- Have strong organisational and management skills
- Be highly trustworthy and demonstrate personal integrity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Ideally be a member of RICS or BIFM
- Company car or car allowance equivalent
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 6% matched pension