Facilities Manager (12 Month Contract)
Our client, a leading educational establishment, are now looking for a Facilities Manager to supervise and monitor the delivery of a range of maintenance and facilities services for a 12 Month Contract to cover a maternity cover.
To provide a key point of contact for building users within the designated area on maintenance and facilities services issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and support the Senior Facilities Manager to ensure the provision of efficient, effective maintenance & facilities services within a delegated site or group of buildings.
- Oversee/monitor the safe, efficient and effective provision of services; give instructions to staff and contractors and monitor progress, standards, costs etc.; initiate and manage the resolution of routine problems arising
- Proactively develop and maintain effective customer/stakeholder relationships through a network of key contacts.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve services and facilities within the Area; initiate minor improvement work or service variations within delegated budgets.
- Deputise for the Senior Facilities Managers by attending relevant committees, working groups, project teams etc.
- Monitor, report and take appropriate actions in respect of fire safety issues, including the storage of materials, fire door operations, smoke/heat detectors etc.
- Liaise closely with client departments; monitor projects and services to ensure that they meet customer expectations and are delivered to specification, on time and within budget;
- Advise and assist in the planning and co-ordination of maintenance and facilities work on site to minimise disruption and inconvenience to users; communicate effectively with client departments re ongoing work, progress etc.
- Work with Facilities Teams, Room Bookings, client departments and contractors to ensure that events are properly managed and services for events delivered efficiently and with minimum disruption.
- Communicate effectively with client departments/stakeholders; monitor projects and services to ensure that they meet customer expectations and are delivered to specification, on time and within budget; provide relevant feedback;
- Liaise with Project Managers and assist in the oversight of projects on site; assess the potential impact of projects on building users and communicate accordingly;
- Support and assist client departments in the development of briefs and cost estimates for minor works.
- Oversee and administer the procurement and delivery of approved minor works; liaise as necessary with other Estates teams.
- Issue or revise work instructions via the Customer Services Centre, work/purchase orders, the system or in person.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of essential records, including asset register, asbestos register, Health and Safety Information and PPM records etc.,
- Assist in the development of a performance management framework and associated reporting.
- Carry out pre and post inspections of work to establish resource needs, priorities, working methods and approval of completed works.
- Liaise with Estates’ contract managers and service providers (e.g. cleaning, waste management, security); contribute to the drafting of service specifications, project briefs etc. via the Senior FM.
- Compile and co-ordinate data, statistics, financial and performance returns etc.; produce reports as required;
- Attend and contribute to meetings, presenting information as required;
- Work with other Senior Facilities teams to provide support, coordination and cross cover across the campus.
- Practical experience in the supervision and monitoring of estates services/operations using contractors and directly employed staff;
- Practical knowledge, understanding and application of relevant Health and Safety legislation;
- Experience of integrated estates management systems and Help-desk operations; financial and performance monitoring and reporting;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with a customer focused approach;
- Strong IT literacy skills
- A relevant professional qualification (Building/Engineering Maintenance, Facilities Management etc.)
- Project management experience
- Conversant with developments in sustainability and environmental issues, including energy conservation
- Experience within complex building and engineering infrastructure
- Good presentational and influencing skills
- Experience and understanding of service specifications, contracts, service level agreements etc.
This is a highly diverse and exciting role within a globally-recognised company in the heart of London. Maxwell Stephens are handling this role exclusively for this client, so please apply here without delay.
Apply for Facilities Manager (12 Month Contract)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly